Browns General Discussion

candyman93

I haven't payed attention to the Pro Bowl for many years, but isn't that the one where fan votes have a big chunk of influence? If so, that would explain some of the snubs, especially on Defense, and I'd expect some of the other lists that come out that are more determined by people who actually know football to be more well rounded. It'll take a couple years of the Browns playing like this for casual fans in other locales to really take notice of what we're doing. 

15 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I agree with the selections and alternates (JOK should be a starter but w/e).

Next year Emerson will make it. His problem is that Denzel plays on the opposite side.

But why though? I feel like Emerson is a #1 himself. Didn’t he do well when Ward was out, outside of his occasional penalty for being aggressive he balls regardless of who is opposite of him. 

Also the disrespect of this guy is crazy, I hope that fuels him even more during the playoffs 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

But why though? I feel like Emerson is a #1 himself. Didn’t he do well when Ward was out, outside of his occasional penalty for being aggressive he balls regardless of who is opposite of him. 

Also the disrespect of this guy is crazy, I hope that fuels him even more during the playoffs 

Best defense in the league and we get two starters.  Insane.  

Ravens with twice as many, including the only off ball linebackers in the AFC…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Im used to it at this point. Unless your a highly drafted player who was hyped during the pre-draft process that the majority of people know, you usually dont get your flowers until the 2nd time you perform great.

Prime example being Sauce Gardner. He was a high pick, everyone knew about him, he has the backing of NY sports media pushing the narrative about how great he is since day 1. Hes automatically going to get it over a guy like Emerson who was a 3rd round pick and the majority of us didnt even know until he was a Brown. Its going to take a little bit more time for his name to resonate with people and those same people give him the nod.

I remember the same thing happening to Chris Harris Jr. He was great almost since day 1, but since he was a UDFA, it literally took like 3 years for him to finally get his recognition for Pro Bowl voting despite him being one of the best CBs in football for years prior. He only has 4 Pro Bowls and should at least have 6 or 7.

Its dumb as hell, but it is what it is and shows the flaws in PB voting

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s a popularity contest. Emerson is going to need more than one good year to get into the pro bowl. 

3 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Somehow Buddha Baker gets in with like

liter no stats 

Yeah with Winfield Jr. having a great year and getting snubbed.

Sadly, the fans get just 1/3 of the vote so this isn't on them. The players and coaches (probably players) made bad choices in some instances.

3 Interceptions. 12 passes defensed. 5 forced fumbles, 4 fumble recoveries. 5 sacks. 117 tackles, 73 solo.

0 Interceptions. 0 passes defensed (maybe). 0 forced fumbles, 0 recovered. 0 sacks. 77 tackles, 50 solo.

Yeah, gonna take some deep insight to figure out who had a better year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Emerson is close to being an all pro. 

He has a good case.

However, he won't get any real consideration.

Ward will. Both were great. I'd give the edge to Ward on the year with the eye test but it's close. Emerson is probably better statistically because of more opportunities.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah, Baker in over Winfield Jr. might have been the biggest snub of the entire thing like that’s all time bad.

DHop and Dicker the kicker getting snubbed for Tucker who was 1 for 5 from 50+ seems inconceivable to me. 

With position players you can at least use some dumb ish like “well if you watch the film…” and there can absolutely be some truth to that. 

There’s not much nuance for kickers.  It goes in or it doesn’t.  Bonus points for high pressure kicks.  It’s pretty simple and a quick glance at stats pretty much covers all bases.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, he was good last year.  Not pro bowl good, but he didn’t come out of nowhere 

Tree falls in the woods scenarios there. No one watched us last year and he wasn’t good enough to shine through the rest of the crap defense. 

• Like 3