Browns General Discussion

candyman93

57 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What are you using as a basis for improvement? Stats?  

We started 5 different QBs this season. 6 over the last 2 years. 8 over the last 3.  Who were they building continuity with exactly?

Also, what’s he had to work with?  He turned a 6th rounder in DPJ into a viable player.  Some 3rd rounders?  It’s not as it he was given some real gems to work with. Amari had his best season with him despite 5 QBs and time missed.

Not stats and not just this year. Amari is Amari he is great and was before he got here. I  don’t remember DPJ getting significantly better during his time here. 

Just now, hornbybrown said:

Not stats and not just this year. Amari is Amari he is great and was before he got here. I  don’t remember DPJ getting significantly better during his time here. 

Ok, not stats.  So what then?   The broadcast view has the receivers off screen half the time if not more.  What are you using as your metic for evaluation?  

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ok, not stats.  So what then?   The broadcast view has the receivers off screen half the time if not more.  What are you using as your metic for evaluation?  

Drops, we had way too many. sloppy routes by Tilman at the end of the year. Our two best WR’s at getting open were Cooper and Moore, but they could do that before they got here

2 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Drops, we had way too many.

that’s a stat though, right?

sloppy routes by Tilman at the end of the year.

Sloppy how?  Which routes?  Just sorta sounds like vague “idk, because reasons”

Our two best WR’s at getting open were Cooper and Moore, but they could do that before they got here

So it doesn’t matter if guys produce, only if he transforms rookie/second year mid round picks into studs?

David Bell has been solid when given a shot tbh.  Schwartz was awful, and no one else has signed him.  Just a whiff from the FO tbh. Tillman has played one season and it was with like 6 QBs or whatever.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
37 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I mean, that’ll do it I suppose.

Just so ya know, I've spent all day telling Grossi that Stump was fired for being a leak.

wtf has been getting leaked?

That whole conversation about hiring an offensive coach is out the window. Evidently it was AVP who was in charge of the offense so there isn't a benefit to hiring an offensive minded coach.

I don't know why they were let go but I know I certainly don't understand it.

AVP wasn't calling plays or designing offensive gameplans. I'm guessing ownership demanded something and this is something. It's like Belichick firing a DC, it's just a show.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Just so ya know, I've spent all day telling Grossi that Stump was fired for being a leak.

lol don’t ask me, I’m not the one reporting it.  I’m just saying that if your boss thinks your flapping your gums out of turn that will often get you fired.

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

That whole conversation about hiring an offensive coach is out the window. Evidently it was AVP who was in charge of the offense so there isn't a benefit to hiring an offensive minded coach.

AVP wasn't calling plays or designing offensive gameplans. I'm guessing ownership demanded something and this is something. It's like Belichick firing a DC, it's just a show.

I’m not sure I understand your issue tbh.  It’s not like they scrapped the whole offensive staff except Stefanski.  They had 14 offense coaches save Stefanski and let go 3 of them.  So what? 

I don’t get the sense they’re being scapegoated, most feel everyone did well this season. KS is the betting favorite for coach of the year.  Maybe they just feel there are candidates who can offer something more or different and aren’t gonna rest on their laurels or just keep doing the same thing.

AVP and Stump might both be guys who excel at the things we’ve done the last couple of years scheme wise and it’s evident that it’s not what Watson is best at and comfortable with.  Why not bring in guys who can incorporate more of those things successfully?  

I get you hate Watson, I do too, but he’s here for 2-3 more years regardless.  Their success is tied to his.  We need to run more spread, RPO, motion, etc as that’s what works for him. Hell that dude might just be on staff already in Musgrave.

idk, I guess I just don’t get the problem? I feel like dude has earned the right to tweak his staff after a season most would consider successful if he chooses, especially after last off season when they made two hires that are highly regarded around the league and were obvious improvements.  Why can’t that happen here?  

10 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

My sense is Stefanski and AB feel the offense can use an upgrade. They've been in the building with those other coaches for 3+ years, have a vision of where they want to take things, and want the coaches in the building that can best help them execute the upgrade and vision. Nothing abnormal or concerning about that within the context of NFL organizations, IMO. 

8 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

OK I’m just going to put this out there that if the offense is not better next season under Watson that the coaching staff is not the problem. 

I don’t think anyone is saying they’re a problem now tbh.  Sometimes things just get stale or aren’t a great fit.

Watson is here either way whether we like it or not.