Browns General Discussion

candyman93

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

from Berry’s perspective I don’t see talent being the issue as much as scheme as it relates to Watson.

Well we have the same HC/scheme as when he (presumably) decided to trade for Watson. So if he made a bad fit trade he gets some blame. Schemes should be adjusted to fit players but that's a different topic.

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I still don’t get the hate for Berry. This guys sums up what he’s done with the roster pretty well imo.

Not even MWil trusts that guy's opinions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well we have the same HC/scheme as when he (presumably) decided to trade for Watson. So if he made a bad fit trade he gets some blame. Schemes should be adjusted to fit players but that's a different topic.

that’s a fair criticism.  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Aside from trading for Cooper and drafting DeWand Jones, what credit should he get for those pieces in place? And maybe Jeudy and Moore will prove me wrong but those still seem lacking on the draft capital (Moore) and money spent (Jeudy) for the production attained so far.

Other than Myles and Denzel, Berry is responsible for every starter on defense. So that’s JOK, Delpit, Emerson, Tomlinson, and some solid role pieces.

He’s struggled with the offensive side of the ball (exceptions being Amari Cooper and Dawand Jones).

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Other than Myles and Denzel, Berry is responsible for every starter on defense. So that’s JOK, Delpit, Emerson, Tomlinson, and some solid role pieces.

He’s struggled with the offensive side of the ball (exceptions being Amari Cooper and Dawand Jones).

I guess that’s my point. JOK, Delpit, and Emerson were all solid picks and Cooper was traded for to go with DeWand Jones.

The other defensive starters are pretty mediocre (not including Myles and Denzel), including Tomlinson.

But, that’s a byproduct of how much draft capital was mortgaged in the Watson trade.

How much we are paying guys on offense relative to their production is truly mind blowing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I guess that’s my point. JOK, Delpit, and Emerson were all solid picks and Cooper was traded for to go with DeWand Jones.

The other defensive starters are pretty mediocre (not including Myles and Denzel), including Tomlinson.

But, that’s a byproduct of how much draft capital was mortgaged in the Watson trade.

How much we are paying guys on offense relative to their production is truly mind blowing.

Really? Strongly disagree. We have at worst average to good starters (and depth) at every defensive position minus LB.

AB also brought in Conklin. It was a mistake to extend him, but he was a good signing at the time and is still a good player when healthy. Pocic was another great find.

Berry obviously isn't perfect, but he's done more good than bad, IMO.

8 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Really? Strongly disagree. We have at worst average to good starters (and depth) at every defensive position minus LB.

Thornhill is fine, our linebackers outside of JOK suck, the DT and edge opposite Myles are “fine” at best.

8 minutes ago, DawgX said:

AB also brought in Conklin. It was a mistake to extend him, but he was a good signing at the time and is still a good player when healthy. Pocic was another great find.

Berry obviously isn't perfect, but he's done more good than bad, IMO.

Conklin’s contract is an anchor, the Watson situation is absolutely unforgivable to this point in time, the Cooper trade was superb, the Moore trade was a lousy move, and I hate the Jeudy deal.

And IMO C like Pocic grow on trees when playing next to Bitonio.

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Thornhill is fine, our linebackers outside of JOK suck, the DT and edge opposite Myles are “fine” at best.

Conklin’s contract is an anchor, the Watson situation is absolutely unforgivable to this point in time, the Cooper trade was superb, the Moore trade was a lousy move, and I hate the Jeudy deal.

And IMO C like Pocic grow on trees when playing next to Bitonio.

Let’s think about

dont sign Conklin get Trent Williams 

instead of Willis get Wirfs or ceedee

lamb

Keep mayfield plus 6picks

now question due you really think that Jok and delpit ever win a super bowl

some more questions 

due you think tyreek hill and ceedee lamb

are good enough to beat kc?

It might not be next year, but I genuinely believe our defense can be an “all timer” in the next 1-2 years.

The ONLY thing preventing that is a consistent #2 pass rusher who can get you 10+ sacks in a season.

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

It might not be next year, but I genuinely believe our defense can be an “all timer” in the next 1-2 years.

The ONLY thing preventing that is a consistent #2 pass rusher who can get you 10+ sacks in a season.

That’s kind of a big thing. The pass rush fell apart in the second half when Myles got hurt. 

49 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

That’s kind of a big thing. The pass rush fell apart in the second half when Myles got hurt. 

Unfortunately you’re right

Unless JOK was flying around, we had no consistent pressure. Alex Wright flashed a little bit, but he looks like a rotational guy long term.

27 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Unfortunately you’re right

Unless JOK was flying around, we had no consistent pressure. Alex Wright flashed a little bit, but he looks like a rotational guy long term.

I mean, he had a sack in each of the last 4-5 games iirc. He’s still just 23.  I don’t think we can definitively identify his ceiling just yet.

On 6/8/2024 at 8:04 AM, Thomas5737 said:

Not even MWil trusts that guy's opinions.

Mice

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, he had a sack in each of the last 4-5 games iirc. He’s still just 23.  I don’t think we can definitively identify his ceiling just yet.

I loved him coming out. I think his ceiling is that of a Za’Darius Smith/JaDeveon Clowney. He’s not close to that now, but he’s very fluid and bendy for a dude at his size. I am 90% sure he can be a strong rotational player for years. I am 65% sure that he could be an average starting DE. 15% he could be a high end starter. 5% chance he is a star. 

• Like 2