Browns General Discussion

candyman93

12 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He should be our starter and captain. Watson doesn’t type teammates up like this. 

Every clip of him is something else man.  Dude’s personality slider is maxed out lol.

It’s really easy to see why so many people like the guy.

16 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Denzel Ward has a concussion again

OK for real he has a long life Lord-willing after this, hang it up. He’s one of the best cornerbacks in football, but don’t mess with the brain. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Were there any red flags?  I’m not familiar with any issues at OSU or reports of character concerns.  

I’d get the outrage if they overlooked something obvious, like just as a hypothetical 26 sexual assault accusations, but other than that the FO/scouts can’t predict the future…

This.  I'm still trying to find anybody credible saying there were character concerns, pre-draft.  Yes, if AB/scouting/HR missed/ignored them that's one thing, and that is disappointing.  But he's been a Cleveland Brown for less than 4 months.

He was at Ohio State for 3 seasons. I'm not putting the onus on Ohio State to out their guy, but I can't be surprised that a prominent college program covers for one of their best players. That's also not saying that that's what happened either, but someone explain who and how many people the Browns have the resources to interview for every player on their board?

...at least the Chiefs got a Super Bowl out of their rookie before he went and did some stupid ****. SMDH

3 minutes ago, MalcolmBrown said:

This.  I'm still trying to find anybody credible saying there were character concerns, pre-draft.  Yes, if AB/scouting/HR missed/ignored them that's one thing, and that is disappointing.  But he's been a Cleveland Brown for less than 4 months.

He was at Ohio State for 3 seasons. I'm not putting the onus on Ohio State to out their guy, but I can't be surprised that a prominent college program covers for one of their best players. That's also not saying that that's what happened either, but someone explain who and how many people the Browns have the resources to interview for every player on their board?

...at least the Chiefs got a Super Bowl out of their rookie before he went and did some stupid ****. SMDH

I'd like to correct that, I did find some character notes on Walter Football.

It doesn't go into specifics, but they still project him as a late first rounder at best.  So, take that for what you will.  Maybe coming home to Cleveland wasn't the move he needed in his life.

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2024mhall.php

10 minutes ago, MalcolmBrown said:

I'd like to correct that, I did find some character notes on Walter Football.

It doesn't go into specifics, but they still project him as a late first rounder at best.  So, take that for what you will.  Maybe coming home to Cleveland wasn't the move he needed in his life.

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2024mhall.php

I’m not going to accuse the author of editing after the fact or anything, but this is the only site I’ve found after a page and a half of Google searches of draft profiles that mention anything at all about his character.

Maybe the author has some inside sauces, idk, but it definitely wasn’t a glaring red flag issue as far as I can tell.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not going to accuse the author of editing after the fact or anything, but this is the only site I’ve found after a page and a half of Google searches of draft profiles that mention anything at all about his character.

Maybe the author has some inside sauces, idk, but it definitely wasn’t a glaring red flag issue as far as I can tell.

I thought it was pretty convenient for that to just be at the top of the list of weaknesses.  Also the original source that led me to Walter Football was "Roberto Shenanigans" on Twitter.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We just need to play Flacco ball. Winston can do that. Watson can’t. 

We just need Watson to figure it out for post season ball. However, Winston’s style works, we saw it with Flacco.

Our physical style of play will 100% win you games in the regular season. It always worked for New England, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore. The downside is your team is going to be injured like crazy.

If we get average QB play that limits turnovers and stay healthy, this team is dangerous.

If we get good to great quarterback play, this team is a Super Bowl contender.

If we get turnover prone play, prepare to ride the rollercoaster again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

If we get average QB play that limits turnovers and stay healthy, this team is dangerous.

If we get good to great quarterback play, this team is a Super Bowl contender.

If we get turnover prone play, prepare to ride the rollercoaster again.

I think the top 2 make me think the over on 8.5 wins is easy money. The 3rd is what I fear will happen. Life of a Browns fan 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Here’s how I project wins and losses for us next year-

No matter how Watson plays: How good / bad is the opposing QB? If we face an average to bad QB, I will take our team over there’s.

Yeah as long as our key guys on defense are healthy they’re gonna make life miserable for middling to below QBs.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah as long as our key guys on defense are healthy they’re gonna make life miserable for middling to below QBs.

Unless we get fantastic QB play, we will struggle vs teams with franchise QBs.

However, I think we’re past the days of losing to average and bad QBs.

Special teams and defense is way too improved for that. I just wish we got an explosive return man who can score. It’d add a whole different dynamic to the team. Berry has tried really hard on that end and it’s not worked out unfortunately.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Unless we get fantastic QB play, we will struggle vs teams with franchise QBs.

However, I think we’re past the days of losing to average and bad QBs.

Special teams and defense is way too improved for that. I just wish we got an explosive return man who can score. It’d add a whole different dynamic to the team. Berry has tried really hard on that end and it’s not worked out unfortunately.

I think Hines could be that guy this season.