Browns General Discussion

candyman93

38 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Jed has always been a soft slob who knows how to milk an injury and show up just in time for payday.

I don’t think he’s getting a payday. We’re gonna see just how garbage he is without Callahan holding his fat lazy hand. 

12 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not interested in not seeing Dawand Jones start this year. 

We aren’t building around either of those other slob veterans at this point imo.

He will be RT, other two will be LT and swing tackle 

7 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

He will be RT, other two will be LT and swing tackle 

I think that’s the case also. Its unfortunate we extended Conklin because that’s a lot of money for a guy that is going to be likely a limited participant for us. At least we have a pair and a spare because our tackles get riddled with injury constantly. I do hope they don’t use salary to justify having Dawand as the swing guy. Hes a mauler.

Edited by NateDawg

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I think that’s the case also. Its unfortunate we extended Conklin because that’s a lot of money for a guy that is going to be likely a limited participant for us. At least we have a pair and a spare because our tackles get riddled with injury constantly. I do hope they don’t use salary to justify having Dawand as the swing guy. Hes a mauler.

Agreed DJ looks like a future Superstar at RT...but lets be completely honest.....he's not currently a better blocker than the MULTI time All Pro Jack Concklin.....Concklin's problems have always been Injury related....I think this is the Courtney Brown affect....Amazing Player...but will only play 6-10 games a season...

With his injury history, he should be in for a relatively healthy year this year...

Unless you really think that our 2nd year promising rookie is better than a Vet Multi time All Pro former 1rst round Pick? Now DJ has completely exceeded expectations....but Concklin is a Multi time All Pro for a reason....

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Agreed DJ looks like a future Superstar at RT...but lets be completely honest.....he's not currently a better blocker than the MULTI time All Pro Jack Concklin.....Concklin's problems have always been Injury related....I think this is the Courtney Brown affect....Amazing Player...but will only play 6-10 games a season...

With his injury history, he should be in for a relatively healthy year this year...

Unless you really think that our 2nd year promising rookie is better than a Vet Multi time All Pro former 1rst round Pick? Now DJ has completely exceeded expectations....but Concklin is a Multi time All Pro for a reason....

I’d be fine with moving Conklin to LT and DeWand to RT with Jed as the swing guy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’d be fine with moving Conklin to LT and DeWand to RT with Jed as the swing guy.

That's IF Concklin can play LT....I know he was a LT at Mich St....but Bintonio was LT at Nevada also....I don't wanna start monkying around with a Guy who we know is All Pro at his position (When healthy)....If anything I would see if Jones can play LT.....I know he's always been a RT, but seeing this guy's old Basketball Highlights, he has those dancing bear like feet...I would have preferred to attempt this transition with Father Callahan still on the Roster...but we COULDNT keep him from going to coach with his Son...that would have just been bad Ju Ju LOL.

Also IMO Wills looked like he was improving (especially as a passblocker) last year, until he got hurt.....(might just be me though)

2 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

That's IF Concklin can play LT....I know he was a LT at Mich St....but Bintonio was LT at Nevada also....I don't wanna start monkying around with a Guy who we know is All Pro at his position (When healthy)....If anything I would see if Jones can play LT.....I know he's always been a RT, but seeing this guy's old Basketball Highlights, he has those dancing bear like feet...I would have preferred to attempt this transition with Father Callahan still on the Roster...but we COULDNT keep him from going to coach with his Son...that would have just been bad Ju Ju LOL.

Also IMO Wills looked like he was improving (especially as a passblocker) last year, until he got hurt.....(might just be me though)

Yeah either way. I believe Jed is our third best OT if all are healthy 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

DTR is a project. If we can fit 4 QBs, then fit 4 QBs. After last year, I’m fine with it. 

I’d rather have Huntley than some bum 3rd string TE.

A 3rd string TE is going to see a lot more playing time than a 3rd or 4th string QB

I think there’s a few reasons though tbh.

First, they like all 4 QBs and don’t think they’ll be able to keep the 4th on the roster/PS.

Second, and I think this is somewhat likely, they’ve got the framework for a deal in place and are just hammering out the particulars.

Third, the quality of the guys we had in camp at TE after Njoku and Akins vs what we can find on the street more or less whenever is pretty much the same.

Fourth, the scheme changes we’ve been hearing about are real and we’re gonna be seeing a lot more 11 personnel.

And lastly, circling back to the talent level of those guys, I think we can keep a 3rd TE on the practice squad with little worry about them getting poached.  They can practice, stay up to speed with the offense and then be elevated a game at a time as needed based on that week’s game plan/opponent/injuries.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think there’s a few reasons though tbh.

First, they like all 4 QBs and don’t think they’ll be able to keep the 4th on the roster/PS.

Second, and I think this is somewhat likely, they’ve got the framework for a deal in place and are just hammering out the particulars.

Third, the quality of the guys we had in camp at TE after Njoku and Akins vs what we can find on the street more or less whenever is pretty much the same.

Fourth, the scheme changes we’ve been hearing about are real and we’re gonna be seeing a lot more 11 personnel.

And lastly, circling back to the talent level of those guys, I think we can keep a 3rd TE on the practice squad with little worry about them getting poached.  They can practice, stay up to speed with the offense and then be elevated a game at a time as needed based on that week’s game plan/opponent/injuries.

And tbh, we also traded for our backup C/starting fullback Nick Harris.

• Like 1