Browns General Discussion

candyman93

22 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’ll just say it now-

If today is a disaster, the wheels will start churning. As in Cooper getting moved and others getting moved.

The offense needs stripped down and rebuilt from the ground level.

That would be such a massive overreaction lol.

This is literally the most talented offense we’ve had in 40 years.

If we (and by we I primarily mean Watson) looks like a disaster it’s a matter of how long is Stefanski and the organization going to stick with him before moving to Winston?  

I’d imagine Watson gets 4-5 games and by then he’s either back to playing well or injured/“injured”.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

With Pierre Strong out with a hammy, might need to call Kareem Hunt again

Honestly I wouldn’t mind. He lead the team in TDs last year. But I think they’ll try to find another speedster. Foreman is pretty much a better younger hunt. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Honestly I wouldn’t mind. He lead the team in TDs last year. But I think they’ll try to find another speedster. Foreman is pretty much a better younger hunt. 

When are they expecting Hines back?  After week 4, right?

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I know you’re joking, but plays like that are what win you playoff games in tight situations.

They key to our offense is just avoiding negative plays.

For sure, and plays like trying to throw that pass at the end of the game is what loses you games in tight situations.

It was a nice play, no argument, but it seems like people want to look at that and sorta assume he’s back or whatever.  He played sorta meh overall tbh.

33 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah I'd rather sign a young RB with some degree of potential than bring back Hunt, who like you said, is a more washed version of Foreman at this point.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For sure, and plays like trying to throw that pass at the end of the game is what loses you games in tight situations.

It was a nice play, no argument, but it seems like people want to look at that and sorta assume he’s back or whatever.  He played sorta meh overall tbh.

Probably the most exciting 5 yard pass you'll ever see lol.

But I think Watson actually played pretty well overall. Lots of bad drops, bad protection once Jacksonville realized we're struggling in pass protection and decided to get aggressive, and just a ton of penalties forcing us into bad situations. Not saying Watson played great but if we had good protection, less penalties and receivers actually caught the ball... he played well enough where we should have won by multiple scores.