2021 MLB Draft Thread(Prospect Top 10s)

devils1854

https://www.mlb.com/news/kumar-rocker-does-not-sign-with-mets

[quote]Simply put, team officials believed Rocker’s injury issues were serious enough to value a future pick more than him -- this was not simply a matter of a player needing Tommy John surgery, like Mets second-rounder J.T. Ginn did in 2020. (The Mets selected Ginn despite that injury, and he is now their fifth-ranked prospect.)[/quote]

So .... back to Vandy?

2 hours ago, Slateman said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/kumar-rocker-does-not-sign-with-mets

[quote]Simply put, team officials believed Rocker’s injury issues were serious enough to value a future pick more than him -- this was not simply a matter of a player needing Tommy John surgery, like Mets second-rounder J.T. Ginn did in 2020. (The Mets selected Ginn despite that injury, and he is now their fifth-ranked prospect.)[/quote]

So .... back to Vandy?

Nope, gonna work out on his own till next year. Maybe go Intl or to an Indy league for a year and hit amateur FA.

Amateur job by the Mets all the way around, puntuated with our $20B owner getting on ******* twitter to trash a 21 year old and people who asked the very pertinent question "why didn't you draft someone with signability issues later on then to offset this potentially happening".

3 hours ago, Eagles27 said:

Posted a lot back in the day. Primarily just a lurker now. 

Gotcha.

I just see you on here about the Mariners a lot, so I thought it was odd that you don't post about the Eagles, but yeah I was wrong on Jefferson. I liked him a lot and had him as a first round value just behind Reagor. Turns out he is probably the best WR in that class even ahead of Ceedee (he looks great in camp).

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Gotcha.

I just see you on here about the Mariners a lot, so I thought it was odd that you don't post about the Eagles, but yeah I was wrong on Jefferson. I liked him a lot and had him as a first round value just behind Reagor. Turns out he is probably the best WR in that class even ahead of Ceedee (he looks great in camp).

Happens all the time. I wasn't big on Reagor, but hated Jefferson as a fit for the Eagles.

Will be curious to see how this does work out for Rocker. Wasn't a big fan of him, but still thought he was clearly a top 10 guy. 

44 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Happens all the time. I wasn't big on Reagor, but hated Jefferson as a fit for the Eagles.

Of course. No one is gonna nail everything in the draft.

Trying to act like you're always the smartest person and don't miss is disingenuous.

Even the people high on Jefferson didn't really have him at 1 or 2. They pretty much had him maybe at 3rd best. But, yeah I thought fit wise Reagor was more what we needed as a deep threat, guy we could use on punt returns, screens, etc. 

47 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Will be curious to see how this does work out for Rocker. Wasn't a big fan of him, but still thought he was clearly a top 10 guy. 

Yeah, I hope it works out for him.