• Byron Jones (Dolphins)
    • Marshon Lattimore (Saints)
    • Stephon Gilmore (Patriots)
    • Joe Haden (Steelers)
    • Richard Sherman (49ers)
    • Shaquill Griffin (Seahawks)
    • Another player that wasn't listed

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Again, I'm not arguing that Slay is better than Gilmore. I'm arguing that he's worthy of being in the poll/discussion much like the other options listed.

2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

The poll is #1 CB. If you’re not in the conversation for first - which by design, would mean better than or equal to reigning DPOY Gilmore - then you’re not in the conversation for the poll.

My struggle with Tre'Davious White is the scheme. In Carolina, McDermott's scheme was known for being very CB friendly. I am assuming that is true in Buffalo as well because I recall E.J. Gaines having a really good season in Buffalo a couple years ago. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

My struggle with Tre'Davious White is the scheme. In Carolina, McDermott's scheme was known for being very CB friendly. I am assuming that is true in Buffalo as well because I recall E.J. Gaines having a really good season in Buffalo a couple years ago. 

Tre is a great talent, but this is true. McD is a secondary guru. Tre benefits from playing zone coverage a lot. That being said, when he's asked to man-up on the opposing WR he does extremely well. He's a great player, but unfortunately for him- he's put in a favorable situation unlike Gilmore. I do believe he can lock-down the best WRs in the game, but it's impossible to say how effective he would be, so the fact he's a zone corner works against him. 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 2:23 AM, jrry32 said:

White also benefits from having Hyde back at safety deterring teams from trying them deep. 
I have no doubt about Whites talents and I could see him doing well in a man heavy scheme. But you’re right, no doubt he benefits from McDermott scheme 

• Like 1

Just saw this, so I'm late.  I chuckled when I saw Alexander on there.  And I'm a Packer fan.  Honestly, he doesn't even deserve to be on the list.  Cooper hit him for over 200 yards in one game.  No corner deserves to be on that poll if giving up 200 yards to one player in one game.  Alexander has a lot of talent, but he's not up there with the top shelf corners just yet.

Not that I watch a ton of other guys, but it's Gilmore as 1A and White as 1B.  And after watching Slay twice a year for many years....yah...he's in the running for that next tier.  Much respect for him and his game.

On 8/4/2020 at 6:35 AM, notthatbluestuff said:

Any chance Jalen Ramsey steps up his game to take that #1 spot? How's he doing in LA? 

He took a sizable step back last season from legitimate best corner in football discussions, but one could easily explain that away by pointing to his frustration with the Jaguars and poor scheming, his [maybe real??] back injury, and jumping to a new team and not having the playbook down immediately. If he’s healthy and motivated, he should be right back in those discussions when this thread hits next year.