Jets S Jamal Adams demands trade

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

You guys aren’t the Super Bowl winning chiefs 

you guys aren’t the playoff bound Texans 

you guys aren’t the underdog tough playoff bound bills 

you guys aren’t the loaded playoff bound saints roster 

I’ll give you Myles but even they are in contract talks

The point is the current Jets roster is lacking playmakers and centrepieces but Jamal Adams is for sure ******* definitely that 

You are actually equating EDGE rusher stud to box-safety stud?  Really?  Positional Value Matters.  At least I hope that is how Joe Douglas sees it.  

9 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Paying him isn't gonna make us winners lol.

This is what people don't realize.  Not investing $20 mill per in a freaking safety.  If he were Edge, WR, OT, CB   but no.  He's a strong-safety.  A contributor, no doubt, but that position doesn't win games and isn't worth that share of the salary cap.

49 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

funny thee hardcore jets fan doest even recognize their best talent in hmmmm how long???? I cant think of another Jets player in history other then overrated Namath...maybe that guy Mark Wahlberg played. That one bum that played a game?

thanks for adding to the Adams discussion. 9_9  Please stop trolling, Trolly McTrollface.

30 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I mean, Gregg Williams had Jabrill Peppers and Mark Barron playing at incredible levels at the box safety position at times. I think he terms it "money-backer..." Hybrid safety/linebacker. A little more box-y than your typical SS.

agreed!  Lets see how Jamal fares without Williams' creativity in designing defensive schemes to fit the talent.  

4 minutes ago, dcat said:

nor should most teams unless they are on the cusp of a championship.  Unless a Championship is nearly around the corner, no GM in his right mind will allocate that share of cap to a box-safety, which is what Adams is, albeit a very good one.  I suppose the rest of the league is going to completely ignore how he has crapped poop all over his teammates in this and also with his "need more dawgs" faux pas last year.  Leadership?  Adams is the anti-Leader pretending to be a leader.

Just a "box-safety", who happens to grade out among the best in coverage & has shown unprecedented pass rushing production from his position.****

I get it's your opinion, but you post with so much misinformed certainty. Jamal was used in coverage last season near the same rate as Minkah Fitzpatrick, Earl Thomas & Tyrann Mathieu... But, something tells me you aren't discrediting those three for being box-safety's? It's not enough for you to just argue positional value, have to throw in the box-safety stereotype as well. It's simply inaccurate.

1 hour ago, dcat said:

One must first believe that Adams contributes to winning.  So far, not so much.  Strong Safety position.  Let another team apply a ridiculously disproportional share of their cap to this position.  Good luck with that.  

Pretty sure the Jets defense was in shambles before Adams stepped in.

we also need to stop the narrative that Adams is a just a strong safety because he is built like one. He is a do it all. E.g. Dawkins, Lynch, Polamalu.

I don’t think 15 million for that kind of player per year is anything ridiculous.

There are so many other players on that roster that need to step up and I suspect Adams knows that, if he has to waste his career away with the Jets he atleast wants to get paid for it and early .

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

15 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Just a "box-safety", who happens to grade out among the best in coverage & has shown unprecedented pass rushing production from his position.****

I get it's your opinion, but you post with so much misinformed certainty. Jamal was used in coverage last season near the same rate as Minkah Fitzpatrick, Earl Thomas & Tyrann Mathieu... But, something tells me you aren't discrediting those three for being box-safety's? It's not enough for you to just argue positional value, have to throw in the box-safety stereotype as well. It's simply inaccurate.

when it comes to significance on the field, yes... box-safety (which is where Jamal plays, a fact) is just way less difficult to find a competent plug in and use that cap money for QB, OT, Edge, CB.  All before SS.  Which is what Adams is.  Williams' money-backer?  OK  great.  Give me a rock star OT nstead. Give me a stud WR.  A shut down corner (At least Revis, when he was great was actually WORTH the money for a good deal of time.)  Down the road,, I don't want to hear "well we can't keep so-and-so because Adams is eating a gigantic part of the cap" .

1 minute ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Pretty sure the Jets defense was in shambles before Adams stepped in.

we also need to stop the narrative that Adams is a just a strong safety because he is built like one. He is a do it all. E.g. Dawkins, Lynch, Polamalu.

I don’t think 15 million for that kind of player per year is anything ridiculous.

$15 million?  Sign me up.  Now.  Wanna make him highest paid safety AFTER cap is settled for 2021 (following revenue analysis from 2020)?  I'm down with that.  

Want 38% more per year than the current highest paid safety after year 3 of your 5-year contract?  No.  Wait one more year dude, and you'll be the highest paid safety.  Not now.  His insistence on NOW... perfectly timed for the middle of a world pandemic with chaos in the streets, is strategic, tactical and shows no regard for his team, teammates, the fans or anyone other than himself, quite frankly.   Don't want in my locker room.

Just now, dcat said:

when it comes to significance on the field, yes... box-safety (which is where Jamal plays, a fact) is just way less difficult to find a competent plug in and use that cap money for QB, OT, Edge, CB.  All before SS.  Which is what Adams is.  Williams' money-backer?  OK  great.  Give me a rock star OT nstead. Give me a stud WR.  A shut down corner (At least Revis, when he was great was actually WORTH the money for a good deal of time.)  Down the road,, I don't want to hear "well we can't keep so-and-so because Adams is eating a gigantic part of the cap" .

C'mon man, so much wrong here lol: 

Define box-safety? Love how you completely ignore the factual statement I made pertaining to his usage in coverage relative to other top safeties. Doesn't fit your narrative? Here are some facts: Coverage (54%), Against the run (36%) & rushing the passer (10%). Jamal is best playing in the box, but to act like that defines his capabilities, impact or usage is pure ignorance stemming from your obvious emotional bias... 

Go look up legitimate box-safeties..See how they fare in coverage & then tell me your assessment is the slightest bit objective. 

Part two..You're like a politician with these hypotheticals. Who else do we have to pay? Where in the world do you account for some stud EDGE/CB just showing up? Cap situation is the least of our problems, seeing as we have little deserving talent at the moment. No contract we give Jamal will impact our ability to resign our own (Darnold, Becton, Q etc) assuming those guys pan out & it certainly wouldn't restrict us from signing future draft picks.  

• Like 1