Jets S Jamal Adams demands trade

RaidersAreOne

40 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

How has the continuous rebuild worked for the Browns

It sucks, because we keep hiring GM's that don't know what they're doing. But it has always been the right move. When you draft like crap and don't have the right people in place on the field and in the front office, you have to move on. It's not ideal to rebuild obviously. But it's also idiotic to just continue to suck with your sucky coaches and sucky players. So I'm fine with them rebuilding when they get it wrong. They've just gotten it wrong so damn much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NJC33 said:

That's fine.. But, you're using baseless claims to diminish his value with literally zero context to back it up. He's not simply some box-safety like you so desperately attempt to convey to fit your agenda. Everyone is entitle to their own opinion, but you constantly post irrational & subjective statements with the utmost certainty. You can think Jamal isn't worth the $$, without all the aforementioned bias. 

I use the term box-safety, because that's where he primarily plays.  He's good at it.  Good at stopping the run.  He's good at blitzing.  I've tried to watch every defensive play.  Where Jamal is unquestionably a superstar is in reading the offense, knowing when and where to go. Athletically, he is nothing special and he too often doesn't get where he intends to go, or on time, but that is not  big deal because he does make plays.  He gets beat more than I want in coverage.  It's not all or nothing here.  But i don't see $20 million per year as close to worth it.  As I said, I can see the Jets granting him the distinction of highest paid safety, for all it's worth, which is currently at $15 million/year.  But not $20.  And doing so after 2020 and before the 5th year kicks in.  But not after year 3 of a 5-year contract.  Before all this outbreak of Jamal-virus, I would have been fine with $17 million or 18  but only after the 4th year.  Jamal has made it horrible for himself, his fans, his teammates (but that is nothing new), his coaches.  At this point, let us hear we are getting a 1st round and ____________ .  That's about all that matters anymore with respect to Adams.  Biased?  You bet.  He's not worth it.  IMO.  

34 minutes ago, dcat said:

I use the term box-safety, because that's where he primarily plays.  He's good at it.  Good at stopping the run.  He's good at blitzing.  I've tried to watch every defensive play.  Where Jamal is unquestionably a superstar is in reading the offense, knowing when and where to go. Athletically, he is nothing special and he too often doesn't get where he intends to go, or on time, but that is not  big deal because he does make plays.  He gets beat more than I want in coverage.  It's not all or nothing here.  But i don't see $20 million per year as close to worth it.  As I said, I can see the Jets granting him the distinction of highest paid safety, for all it's worth, which is currently at $15 million/year.  But not $20.  And doing so after 2020 and before the 5th year kicks in.  But not after year 3 of a 5-year contract.  Before all this outbreak of Jamal-virus, I would have been fine with $17 million or 18  but only after the 4th year.  Jamal has made it horrible for himself, his fans, his teammates (but that is nothing new), his coaches.  At this point, let us hear we are getting a 1st round and ____________ .  That's about all that matters anymore with respect to Adams.  Biased?  You bet.  He's not worth it.  IMO.  

hey all good points. me personally if my team I agree.. Idont pay anyone over 10 mill unless its the QB and maybe the bset pass rushers. But he is the best Safety the NFL has seen in a little bit..yeah other really good guys to but thi guy is on another level. He should break that 15 mill cap...just like other positions have in the past...it didnt always use to be a only QB gets insnane money league and it shouldnt be

On 6/19/2020 at 3:18 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

I wonder if Stefon Diggs had the Bills on his short list of teams he'd welcome a trade to? 

If I'm the Jets I take this list and use it as the teams I won't be negotiating a trade with. Ship his butt to Cincinnati and wash your hands of it. 

For the record, I have no interest in the Seahawks pursuing this. I agree with those who say box safeties are one of the most easily replaced positions in football and I have no interest in resetting the market for that type of player. If he was reasonable in his long-term demands it might be something different, but even then I wouldn't be comfortable offering more than a 2nd and quality player (which I realize won't get it done). 

If I'm the Jets, I go ahead and shop him around...you're just doing what the player wants you to do...right?  And like you said, they control the narrative here, so if I'm the Jets, I'm looking at a team that figure to be drafting in the top 10 next season, and try to squeeze a 1st and 3rd, as has been mentioned here (and if possible, their starting SS, haha).

But seriously, as you and others stated, an in-the-box SS is not a game changer, and while he charted high in sacks and QB Hits, he also was the highest penalized SS in the league, while being just average in PDs & Tackles, and was below average in INTs.  Yes, that's some box-score scouting, but the point is, these were not game-changing numbers.

If the Jets were smart, they'd go ahead and save themselves the headache that is eventually coming, even if not now, in trying to sign Adams later, or letting him go for a 3rd Rd pick in, what, 2023(??), when they could likely, at worst, get a 1st, or a 2nd + 3rd, next draft, and sign someone else to play SS this year...

I’m in the minority of Browns fans because they value cap space more than anything. Even though we’ve not been to the playoffs in 2 decades and always lead the league in cap space. Even though, ya know, the best teams in the league always somehow don’t have enough cap room.

I’d give up a 1st and 3rd for Jamal easily. Draft picks are a crapshoot.

Edited by candyman93

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m in the minority of Browns fans because they value cap space more than anything. Even though we’ve not been to the playoffs in 2 decades and always lead the league in cap space. Even though, ya know, the best teams in the league always somehow don’t have enough cap room.

I’d give up a 1st and 3rd for Jamal easily. Draft picks are a crapshoot.

Give us one of;

Garrett

Ward