Scooby Doo Mini-Mafia GAME OVER SPOOKS WIN

Blue

9 hours ago, The Orca said:

2a. You think he is town? 

8 hours ago, squire12 said:

1. why is it obvious that you have no idea?

2b. What gives you the thoughts that he is not scum?  2c. You have inside information on his alignment?  

3a. How is Malf "kind of fishy"?  3b. Are there posts that you can quote that highlight those thoughts and vibes?

Okay, so let me run this down for you.

1. I have no idea about what's going on because I'm Hobo. It's also early. We got night moves, but with no REAL posting prior to N1, or nothing that should count as canon, at least, considering Blue's ban on posting prior to N1, we still have about as much info as during a typical D1 phase, just without Pickle. So there's little info to work with in the first place and I'm not EXACTLY one of the better players when it comes to game-solving.

2a. Yeah, I'm leaning that Mwil is town for now. 2b. I simply don't think that he's done anything to arouse concern that he is mafia. He's the one player that we DO have information on when it comes to abilities. He has a double vote. I'm under the impression that Blue isn't making people overpowered in this game based off of comments that have been made as well as the information that I DO have about character abilities. I think, in this game, the abilities to spook and double-vote don't line up. 2c. I don't have any inside info about his alignment, but I can make educated guesses about who he COULD be based off of the information available to both the public and me exclusively. Mwil COULD be one of Shaggy, Scooby, or Fred. Fred is the de facto team leader, and the gang doesn't seem like TOO much of a democracy, considering that they pretty much always just do whatever Fred says. Other characters have a say, but they tend to lean towards whatever Fred wants. Thus, it could make sense for him to have a double-vote. As for Shaggy or Scooby, wherever one goes, this goes the other. I could see one of them having a double-vote and the other having no vote in conjunction with them being a mason pair. Or, likewise, it's even a possibility (though unlikely) that Shaggy and Scooby would be one character, and that's why Mwil has the double vote. 

3. As for Malf, here's the dealio. Prior to the game, there was a pretty strong indication that he would RP Velma. Since then, he has pretty much stayed in character and done so. However, I don't recall him responding to anyone's suggestions that he could be with an affirmative. Also, keep in mind how he behaved in both Farcry 3 and Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone. He RPs people that are easily recognized by town so that they'll just assume he's that character, while making astute suggestions at times and pointing out details; that's not mutually exclusive with the possibilities that he's not the character that he's role-playing and that he could be scum. In this case, he seems to be more cat than mouse, which COULD mean he's Velma... Or that he's using misdirection. Sorry, mafia has turned me into a skeptic.

Anyways, that's just a theory. A MAFIA theory.

46 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Okay, so let me run this down for you.

1. I have no idea about what's going on because I'm Hobo. It's also early. We got night moves, but with no REAL posting prior to N1, or nothing that should count as canon, at least, considering Blue's ban on posting prior to N1, we still have about as much info as during a typical D1 phase, just without Pickle. So there's little info to work with in the first place and I'm not EXACTLY one of the better players when it comes to game-solving.

It was peculiar that you felt the need to state that you "obviously have no idea who did it".

2a. Yeah, I'm leaning that Mwil is town for now. 2b. I simply don't think that he's done anything to arouse concern that he is mafia. He's the one player that we DO have information on when it comes to abilities. He has a double vote. I'm under the impression that Blue isn't making people overpowered in this game based off of comments that have been made as well as the information that I DO have about character abilities. I think, in this game, the abilities to spook and double-vote don't line up. 2c. I don't have any inside info about his alignment, but I can make educated guesses about who he COULD be based off of the information available to both the public and me exclusively. Mwil COULD be one of Shaggy, Scooby, or Fred. Fred is the de facto team leader, and the gang doesn't seem like TOO much of a democracy, considering that they pretty much always just do whatever Fred says. Other characters have a say, but they tend to lean towards whatever Fred wants. Thus, it could make sense for him to have a double-vote. As for Shaggy or Scooby, wherever one goes, this goes the other. I could see one of them having a double-vote and the other having no vote in conjunction with them being a mason pair. Or, likewise, it's even a possibility (though unlikely) that Shaggy and Scooby would be one character, and that's why Mwil has the double vote.

so not skeptical of Mwil

So you don't think there could be a player or 2 that has more powerful roles vs others?  You don't think a double vote is powerful?

3. As for Malf, here's the dealio. Prior to the game, there was a pretty strong indication that he would RP Velma. Since then, he has pretty much stayed in character and done so. However, I don't recall him responding to anyone's suggestions that he could be with an affirmative. Also, keep in mind how he behaved in both Farcry 3 and Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone. He RPs people that are easily recognized by town so that they'll just assume he's that character, while making astute suggestions at times and pointing out details; that's not mutually exclusive with the possibilities that he's not the character that he's role-playing and that he could be scum. In this case, he seems to be more cat than mouse, which COULD mean he's Velma... Or that he's using misdirection. Sorry, mafia has turned me into a skeptic.

But skeptical of Malf.  No one thus far has offered any push back on malf potentially being Velma.  

Interesting distinction on your selective skepticism

Anyways, that's just a theory. A MAFIA theory.

I will say that I am thoroughly amused that:

1. Scrappy Doo was hit N1

2. I said before the game/roles were sent out that if I were the vig, I'd hit Scrappy Doo because he's the worst

3. Pickle said before the game/roles were sent out that he loved Scrappy Doo/anyone who didn't was his enemy.

4. He died and flipped Scrappy Doo

Honestly, that's either a huge coincidence, Blue messed with us a bit (unlikely but funny if so), or someone had it built into their pregame information who Scrappy Doo was (unlikely, albeit not impossible).

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I will say that I am thoroughly amused that:

1. Scrappy Doo was hit N1

2. I said before the game/roles were sent out that if I were the vig, I'd hit Scrappy Doo because he's the worst

3. Pickle said before the game/roles were sent out that he loved Scrappy Doo/anyone who didn't was his enemy.

4. He died and flipped Scrappy Doo

Honestly, that's either a huge coincidence, Blue messed with us a bit (unlikely but funny if so), or someone had it built into their pregame information who Scrappy Doo was (unlikely, albeit not impossible).

That's what you think?

I guess it is possible that Blue "randomized" the roles and it just so happened that a few players that expressed an affection for certain characters landed those roles.  Funny how those Random Number Generators work sometimes............