Trade Duane Brown?

OzzyTexan

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:04 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

I think we can win 10 games if the D just just tank. Our secondary is back at full strength and the rest of the D should be good to go at least for who is coming back. 

I haven't heard about Cole though 

Our 2 to 4 weeks I read.  They tried out a few guys on yesterday.

2 minutes ago, dsorc said:

So we trade our starting LT for Jeremy Lane, a CB that will be a backup? I know there are many off-the-field reasons for this trade but this is a loss for us.

Also a 3rd round pick. Given the situation and needs in the secondary and draft capital, I'd call it workable. 

Wish this happened earlier, back when we didn't have the prison comments driving a wedge further between Brown and the team.

Brown looked really good yesterday, was good to see him out there.

Wow. This move somewhat surprised me after he came back into the lockeroom and we rolled him out there Sunday. I thought once he was back he would play out this season and something would happen in the offseason. I can understand why they moved him though and I don't think Duane wants to be a part of this team anymore. He is still a good player and its hard to let those guys go but at least we got decent value for him. The draft picks acquired are what I'm interested in, another late round pick in 2018 gives us more picks to parlay into possibly a second rounder on draft day if there is a player we really want... and a 2019 second is good value I think for both sides for Brown at this stage of his career. Im not that optimistic or excited about Jeremy Lane and I don't know too much about him. An ugly ending to a good career here in Houston for Duane Brown. 

PS: Does this mean Houston has some confidence that Davenport will develop and possibly be the LT of the future?.. Also this might be a stretch... but does Houston have the thought in their heads that Derek Newton could come back next year and play LT? Either way  I think resigning Chris Clark is important this offseason.

1 hour ago, Longhorns90 said:

Kinda wish it was a 2018 2nd, but, I suppose it's not a bad return.

With two picks in 2019, we can pretty much move back into the first if someone we like falls into the 20s.

I like the trade overall. I thought Brown looked very good coming back, but his current situations made for an uncomfortable situation.

I think Kareem Jackson is now the longest tenured Texan now, right?

19 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

With two picks in 2019, we can pretty much move back into the first if someone we like falls into the 20s.

I like the trade overall. I thought Brown looked very good coming back, but his current situations made for an uncomfortable situation.

I think Kareem Jackson is now the longest tenured Texan now, right?

Correct.  

3 hours ago, OzzyTexan said:

PS: Does this mean Houston has some confidence that Davenport will develop and possibly be the LT of the future?.. Also this might be a stretch... but does Houston have the thought in their heads that Derek Newton could come back next year and play LT? Either way  I think resigning Chris Clark is important this offseason.

I think a lot of this has to do with Davenport. Not quite sure on Newton, given the nature of his injury.

Archived