Who will be the best NFC team in 2020-2021?

Championshiporbust

1 hour ago, Elky said:

Philly just lost a huge piece of their offensive line, their secondary remains a question mark and Carson Wentz is above average at best and too unreliable. They could easily finish behind both Dallas AND Washington.

That's objectively false. We've seen Carson when he's on his A-Game, he was the likely MVP in 2017. I'm not saying he's going to replicate that performance, but he's better than "above average" at his best.

We did lose Brooks, and that sucks absolutely. I think we'll rally though. It's certainly not gonna be easy. We re-tooled our secondary in large part, so long as they can stay healthy I'm relatively confident (except Jalen Mills, dude sucks lmao)

All in all, I think the Eagles will finish anywhere between 8 and 11 wins, mostly depending on health. I would have Dallas as the slight favorites in the division, though I find their defense to be quite suspect heading into the season personally. I expect them to be playing in a lot of shootouts.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

That's objectively false. We've seen Carson when he's on his A-Game, he was the likely MVP in 2017. I'm not saying he's going to replicate that performance, but he's better than "above average" at his best.

We did lose Brooks, and that sucks absolutely. I think we'll rally though. It's certainly not gonna be easy. We re-tooled our secondary in large part, so long as they can stay healthy I'm relatively confident (except Jalen Mills, dude sucks lmao)

All in all, I think the Eagles will finish anywhere between 8 and 11 wins, mostly depending on health. I would have Dallas as the slight favorites in the division, though I find their defense to be quite suspect heading into the season personally. I expect them to be playing in a lot of shootouts.

How is he anything but above average? He was routinely outperformed by Nick Foles and even has a losing record as a starter outside of 2017.

Just now, Elky said:

How is he anything but above average? He was routinely outperformed by Nick Foles and even has a losing record as a starter outside of 2017.

Yeah and Nick Foles was benched for Gardner Minshew.

He wasn't outperformed by Foles. They both performed well, but not great (aside from 2017). The team was so lazy in 2018. And both of the last 2 years they were injured as can be. Is he going to replicate 2017? Who knows. I'm not saying that. Wentz is good, with high upside. 

23 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

U work for ESPN or FS1 I bet? Some major media outlet I'm sure of it.

It has been 20 years.  Doesn't Dallas ever get their turn to be good?  I see you are an Eagles fan, so it has to be hard to hear fans of teams in other divisions showing some respect for the Cowboys, but that's the way I see it.  They have a lot of good players and FINALLY have a decent head coach.  Sometimes the truth hurts, I guess.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

It has been 20 years.  Doesn't Dallas ever get their turn to be good?  I see you are an Eagles fan, so it has to be hard to hear fans of teams in other divisions showing some respect for the Cowboys, but that's the way I see it.  They have a lot of good players and FINALLY have a decent head coach.  Sometimes the truth hurts, I guess.

They have a lot of good players every year according to everybody. Perhaps these players deemed good, aren't good? Their defense is too much of a mess for me to consider them elite. Like bottom third defense. There is a stark contrast between opinions pre and post CeeDee Lamb. And that's just so so funny to me. People look at him as such a sure thing. We've never seen first round WR bust before? That team lost a lot in FA and with Frederick retiring. I fail to see how they got better.

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm not going to believe in the Cowboys to do anything of significance until they actually do it. For all of my sports fandom life, the Cowboys have been irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. (around 2000 is when I started following sports, no one in my family was into it)

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm not going to believe in the Cowboys to do anything of significance until they actually do it. For all of my sports fandom life, the Cowboys have been irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. (around 2000 is when I started following sports, no one in my family was into it)

That's the difference between us.  I can remember when they were a dynasty (thanks to the Herschel Walker trade :(), and I can also remember when they were very, very good under Tom Landry when they had Roger Staubach and Tony Dorsett. 

One thing we can probably all agree on is that there has never been a time when they were not dominant when it comes to the quality of their cheerleaders!  That's just got to count for something.  :D

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

That's the difference between us.  I can remember when they were a dynasty (thanks to the Herschel Walker trade :(), and I can also remember when they were very, very good under Tom Landry when they had Roger Staubach and Tony Dorsett. 

One thing we can probably all agree on is that there has never been a time when they were not dominant when it comes to the quality of their cheerleaders!  That's just got to count for something.  :D

I don't even hate the Cowboys. Their fans are just insufferable.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I don't even hate the Cowboys. Their fans are just insufferable.

They probably have a lot of great fans.  It's just that the insufferable ones are usually the most vocal.  We have a few of those up in the NFC North with the Packers too.  They have a fanbase that is great overall, but a few jerks ruin their reputation for the rest.  I guess that's the way it is for every team.