Bears fans, don't look (fun SI article - NFL "what-ifs")

notthatbluestuff

3 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

I don't think the Packers were that interested in Barry Sanders. They had Aikman, Mandarich, and Derrick Thomas 1-3 on their board:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZoJGc5qZDc

Aikman didn't want any thing to do with GB....The Packers needed to lose one more game during the regular season to get the first pick in the draft...They won the last game instead, in which Aikman replied he was thankful to them (GB) for not tanking in order to get the first pick...

10 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Aikman didn't want any thing to do with GB....The Packers needed to lose one more game during the regular season to get the first pick in the draft...They won the last game instead, in which Aikman replied he was thankful to them (GB) for not tanking in order to get the first pick...

Green Bay also had a hard time signing Mandarich...He held out saying he was considering becoming a professional wrestler....

I have always wondered if Brady didn't get the shot he did in 01 if he'd even sniff elite or even starter in the NFL. If any other team drafted him at any point he may have been a camp casualty, a perennial 'camp arm'. I truly wonder if he would have ever worked his way to earn his chance rather than being gifted it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, August4th said:

what if the Browns drafted local area kid big ben in 04?

That would be great, but they didn't like him. They liked Rivers, and they probably would have drafted him before the Steelers could have gotten to him.

On 7/6/2020 at 6:32 AM, notthatbluestuff said:

mahomes.webp

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/07/03/10-what-ifs-patrick-mahomes-robert-griffin-chip-kelly

What if: 

1. Chip Kelly got Marcus Mariota?
2. The Jets drafted Russell Wilson?
3. RGIII never got hurt?
4. The Eagles hired Ben McAdoo?
5. The Bears drafted Mahomes/Watson?
6. Nickell Robey-Coleman was called for PI?
7. Myles Jack wasn't ruled down?
8. The Rams remained in St. Louis?
9. Andy Reid went to the Cardinals?
10. The world accepted Kaepernick's movement from day one?

What are some notable NFL "what-ifs" that keep you up at night? 

1. They would’ve been slightly better but still awful since mariota sucks 

2. They would’ve wasted him 

3. He’d be a top 20 qb

4. He’d still have a career losing record 

5. We would’ve been better but who knows if we’d be a super bowl team. I’d like to think so but in our best year, the offense was so conservative it literally lead to at least 3 losses, one being in the playoffs. Mahomes wouldn’t be utilized in the most efficient way

6. Then saints fans would have to come up with some other excuse as to why the didn’t win a Super Bowl that year

7. A call could never not go the Patriots way so what are we discussing here

8. Subtract 3 wins per year since

9. Larry Fitz might’ve had a more comfortable career

10. He doesn’t get booted from the nfl, black lives matter sooner and the world learns Kaep secretly is truly a crappy qb 

On 7/6/2020 at 7:02 AM, notthatbluestuff said:

mahomes.jpg

So apparently the above pic doesn’t show on mobile. I am terrible at quoting, using multimedia, or doing ANYTHING on this forum. 

This would be the peak thing in my life even beyond having kids, banging womenfolk, and having cancer, but the bears would never be caught dead with a black qb 

18 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

31 teams passed on Russell Wilson and I have to hear about the Jets passing on him because Terry freaking Bradway used the "I was banging on the table for him" excuse to save his job for 2 more years. Oh please.

To add to the story of RW, the Redskins were going to take Russell instead of Kirk until the Seahawks swooped in.