Which is a Better Movie: Infinity War or Endgame?

MKnight82

Which is better?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which movie is better?

• Infinity War
    • Endgame

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

The whole scene was gratuitous.  Imagine Thanos and his army stopping from fighting to watch all these portals open and ppl walk through them.  That's a zillion times more ridiculous than a bunch of female superheroes regrouping together.

I mean gratuitous in the whole girl power thing.  It was way over the top, and when I see that in a movie, it kind of makes me think it's sort of in bad faith.

If they really wanted to show adequate representation, have those female Avengers contribute to the battle in meaningful ways on their own, not just group up and say 'look how great we all are standing here' for one scene.  Which is what makes it corny IMO.

I still think Endgame is the better movie overall.

34 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

absolutely

the last fight scene was mind numbing

I can't really imagine the movie without it, for two reasons.

1) They had to show all the other characters coming back
2) The whole movies series is based on gratuitous (non-gore) violence.  They basically all end with big fight scenes.

I will admit though the whole scene is disorienting.  They're no sense of where any of the heroes are located in the battle because there's no reference point other than the van.  They spend the whole scene fighting to get there, and then Thanos (who started the scene next to Iron Man/Cap/Thor) just shows up over there without any trouble.  Thanos is just everywhere in that scene.

The whole scene lacked in terms of spatial awareness.

• 2 months later...
On 7/6/2020 at 3:50 PM, MKnight82 said:

I voted Infinity War.  I just think the movie is more fun, where Endgame is such a downer for a good part of the movie.  

Same.  Endgame was boring and took itself way to seriously.   After they fought Thanos for the first time it was a snooze fest.  By the time the finale started I was to out of it to care and even then it was just mindless action and stuff blowing up, which is equally as mind numbing as no action.

On 7/7/2020 at 6:16 PM, INbengalfan said:

Infinity war is by far a better super hero movie and action movie.

Endgame is the perfect "what do heroes do when they fail like the rest of us" movie.  Way more life-like.

This is pretty much how I feel.

End Game was weird with the forced women fighting together moment near the end. I loved the Tony Stark ending. Black Panther's entrance at the end choked me up then and even more now. End Game for me is better and gives me all the feels.

https://makeagif.com/gif/theavengers-dont-worry-shes-got-help-avengers-endgame-UpIirn

Edited by TENINCH