Forum Game: Tecmo Super Bowl Season - Pickle (bucs) wins the Super Bowl!!

20 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Id like to bet on that :(....my offense deserves to lose every game....defense is stacked, felt like 22 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 pick, 1 TD...offense 1 TD once again xD

Your defense was pretty dominant throughout the game. But then there was that 86 yard TD given up to AJ Green yikes.

NO at OAK: The literal definition of back and forth. Headlines read, "NO Quarterback Controversy?" I'm sure Coach @Dome will give Kyler Murray his starting job back when healthy, but Brett Hundley has been a revelation. The defense continues to be up and down, so we'll see how the season plays out for them. For OAK, imagine how good this team would have been if Mission/TLO cared about the second half of the draft instead of punting on it.

BUF at ATL: Helluva way to start a game. Falcons had a much easier go of it on offense this week, and big arms on display by both QBs on deep shots. Ingram's smashmouth running really complimented Wilson's passing, and I'm sure this is what Swoosh had in mind for his team week in and week out. You don't often see 70 combined points in a Tecmo Bowl game.

ARI at LAR: I have NEVER seen overtime in Tecmo Bowl, so this was a real treat. Offensive line woes are making an intriguing Cards offense nearly unwatchable, directly leading to our first defensive score of the season (I think). This is confusing because they have the IRL Indy line, which is very good; hopefully better days are ahead. I was hoping for a 7-0 final score, but this being Tecmo Bowl, we were not granted such a pleasure. Choosing a playbook without any QB runs was a big mistake for the Rams, too. This offense should be far better given its talent than it actually is.

GB at SF: A second defensive touchdown in as many games is just too much for me to handle. Stafford has been frustrating through two games with big plays for both teams. Defensively, Green Bay is one of the top units in the league, and that alone should clinch a playoff spot for them. It's been a really tough start for SF as everything seems to have gone wrong and they've played two strong teams, but that safety that turned into a touchdown because of a fumble encapsulates their early going.

NYJ at TB: Two overtime games is objectively more than I can handle. This game clearly made the MNF slate because of the quarterback storylines, No. 1 pick Joe Burrow and returning star Ben Roethlisberger, rather than the quality of the teams. The Jets offense couldn't be much worse, but big plays on the four verts side of the playbook kept them in it. New York should be thanking whatever higher being they believe in that the game didn't end on a safety against them.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

NO at OAK: The literal definition of back and forth. Headlines read, "NO Quarterback Controversy?" I'm sure Coach @Dome will give Kyler Murray his starting job back when healthy, but Brett Hundley has been a revelation. The defense continues to be up and down, so we'll see how the season plays out for them. For OAK, imagine how good this team would have been if Mission/TLO cared about the second half of the draft instead of punting on it.

BUF at ATL: Helluva way to start a game. Falcons had a much easier go of it on offense this week, and big arms on display by both QBs on deep shots. Ingram's smashmouth running really complimented Wilson's passing, and I'm sure this is what Swoosh had in mind for his team week in and week out. You don't often see 70 combined points in a Tecmo Bowl game.

ARI at LAR: I have NEVER seen overtime in Tecmo Bowl, so this was a real treat. Offensive line woes are making an intriguing Cards offense nearly unwatchable, directly leading to our first defensive score of the season (I think). This is confusing because they have the IRL Indy line, which is very good; hopefully better days are ahead. I was hoping for a 7-0 final score, but this being Tecmo Bowl, we were not granted such a pleasure. Choosing a playbook without any QB runs was a big mistake for the Rams, too. This offense should be far better given its talent than it actually is.

GB at SF: A second defensive touchdown in as many games is just too much for me to handle. Stafford has been frustrating through two games with big plays for both teams. Defensively, Green Bay is one of the top units in the league, and that alone should clinch a playoff spot for them. It's been a really tough start for SF as everything seems to have gone wrong and they've played two strong teams, but that safety that turned into a touchdown because of a fumble encapsulates their early going.

NYJ at TB: Two overtime games is objectively more than I can handle. This game clearly made the MNF slate because of the quarterback storylines, No. 1 pick Joe Burrow and returning star Ben Roethlisberger, rather than the quality of the teams. The Jets offense couldn't be much worse, but big plays on the four verts side of the playbook kept them in it. New York should be thanking whatever higher being they believe in that the game didn't end on a safety against them.

Two weeks no breakdowns for my games from you

That first drive was ultimate lulz factor. INT and the defender fumbles, I recover, and then my punter forgets to punt at the 8. Blue “called my play” 10 different times on the random simulator, Watson throws 2 INT, completes 1 pass all game...wow.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Forge said:

I really didn't think the chargers offensive line would be that bad with bulaga and Turner added

Big money FA signings on new teams with no offseason due to covid.  Hard to get as a unit, also Bosa, Armstead, Kinlaw, Zadarius Smith, Preston Smith, Chandon Sullivan (slot/nickel CB/ILB) might have 3 sacks through 2 games.  That is a tough front group.

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Would have thought my defense would be better too...

Early season Stafford.....let's see how this holds up.

8 hours ago, Forge said:

And I may have the worst offense in this league

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blue said:

Thanks for the write ups @Blue

• Like 1