Forum Game: Tecmo Super Bowl Season - Pickle (bucs) wins the Super Bowl!!

SF at HOU: How in the world did Carson Wentz manage to throw the ball at the one receiver who was actually covered on that opening drive? Good lord. Our fabled redzone offense continues to be the worst in the league on plays that aren't Wentz runs. It is reassuring to know the defense is good enough to overcome three Wentz turnovers. Meanwhile, SF's offensive line is ruining any chance they have of competing. I really think Andy Dalton would be even worse given he can't run as well as Dak.

NO at CLE: The clear downgrade from Brett Hundley to Kyler Murray is hilarious. Who would have guessed Brett Hundley would be Tecmo Bowl's ideal quarterback? Anyways, this game has to be soul-crushing for Dome, who got a look the past two weeks at what his offense should look like, but unable to change back to the other QB on his own. Murray has led one scoring drive in six quarters of play while turning the ball over at an inexcusable rate. Meanwhile, Cleveland continues to assert themselves as Tecmo Bowl contenders in spite of a questionable offensive line and lack of impact from the front seven.

DEN at GB: A battle of the unbeatens! This one has meaningful playoff implications. The Green Bay offensive line just couldn't keep the Denver front seven off the ball carrier, and it put Stafford in bad spots all day. The 2nd quarter safety and 3rd quarter fumble were breaths of life for an offense that just couldn't take advantage. Just an utter demolition of a great team. Denver is building a reputation for clutch plays and winning close games, which may be dangerous for everyone else in the playoffs.

WAS at ARI: Facing a team that isn't utterly dominant up front defensively make Arizona look a lot better. Still, losing their top two backs right as they got rolling sucks, and they weren't scaring anybody even before that. Neither is Washington, which just can't get things to click offensively outside of Larry Fitzgerald. Washington still hasn't had a home game, so maybe they can still play spoiler down the stretch.

NE at TB: Early pressure on Matt Ryan put the Pats in bad shape, but Tampa struggled to capitalize behind their rookie quarterback. This was a sack and turnover fest with a missed field goal added into the mix. Tampa's smashmouth scoring drive in the third quarter was a thing of beauty and basically ensured a win. New England can't expect to win with 5 turnovers. Tampa isn't likely to make the playoffs, but Zeke Elliott did a helluva job to beat a keep them in the conversation with a potentially-tie-breaking win.

ATL at OAK: There are no words. Kickoff returns for TDs in AI games are practically unheard of. That set the tone for the game, and Oakland repeatedly turning the ball over with a chance to pull even or take the lead didn't help them (obviously). Atlanta continues to be a dangerous team in spite of a bewildering Week 1 loss to Tampa.

NY at BUF: The Josh Allen Experience continues apace! New York's defensive line consistently pressured Allen on their own, while Cook had nowhere to run most of the time before getting hurt. We also had the longest sack ever by Bryce Callahan, who couldn't seem to bring Josh Allen down on his own. Despite all that, New York still found a way to lose. They're still in good shape to make the playoffs but the teams are going to get tougher from here.

LA at PIT: I had low expectations for the Battle of the Beatens, and boy, was I disappointed. Leonard Fournette, Deep Threat, was an unexpected element of the Rams' offense. Nothing would improve either of these teams more than simply swapping playbooks. The fact that Lamar Jackson has no designed runs and is 0-3 is atrocious. Developers, fix this in the next patch, please.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

Meanwhile, Cleveland continues to assert themselves as Tecmo Bowl contenders in spite of a questionable offensive line and lack of impact from the front seven.

Thinking Conklin and Wills would be better than Tennessee OL with the upgrades there and downgrade from losing Conklin was a mistake. My front 7 looked unreal week 1, and my LB corps has suffocated the opponent’s running game, but Myles has disappeared after a 3 sack Week 1. Thankfully *checks notes* Brian Poole had 3 sacks last game, CJ Mosey 3 in the last 2 games, and that Chicago secondary has paid dividends. 

• Like 1

ngl feeling a lot better about the Packers game after seeing what Denver did to their offensive line. So far I think my front seven has been the most consistently dominant in the league.

My current projected playoff teams through 20% of the season:

DEN, HOU, GB, ATL, CLE, NE, TB

7th seed (iirc Malf is following updated playoff seeding, so 7 teams) is going to be interesting because BUF beat NY beat TB, so the tiebreaking situation is up in the air. I feel Tampa has the better team so far but the Cards and Saints are obviously still good enough to make a run at it too with some luck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Thinking Conklin and Wills would be better than Tennessee OL with the upgrades there and downgrade from losing Conklin was a mistake. My front 7 looked unreal week 1, and my LB corps has suffocated the opponent’s running game, but Myles has disappeared after a 3 sack Week 1. Thankfully *checks notes* Brian Poole had 3 sacks last game, CJ Mosey 3 in the last 2 games, and that Chicago secondary has paid dividends. 

I am wracked with the thought of what my team would have looked like with HOU QBs and BAL playbook, as I and God intended.

19 minutes ago, Blue said:

I am wracked with the thought of what my team would have looked like with HOU QBs and BAL playbook, as I and God intended.

You and me both with that playbook. At least I got the philly one :)

• Like 1

Malfs week 3 power rankings 

1. Counselor - Broncos - 3-0

2. Blue - Texans - 3-0

3. swoosh- Falcons - 2-1

4. bcb1213 - Jets - 2-1

5. MWil23 - Browns - 2-1

6. squire12 - Packers - 2-1

7. Deadpulse - Patriots - 2-1

8. HoboRocket - Cardinals - 2-1

9. Pickle Rick - Bucs - 2-1

10. daboyle250 - Buttmunchers - 0-3

11. bigbadbuff - Bills - 2-1

12. Dome - Saints - 1-2

13. rackcs - Steelers - 1-2

14. Forge - 49ers - 0-3

15. The Orca - Rams - 0-3

16. TLO / mission27- Raiders - 0-3

• Like 1

heres how tecmo conditions work

everyone starts in average condition.

there are bad, average, good, and excellent conditions

the conditions make all your stats go up or down

each quarter, the condition has a 50% chance to stay the same condtion. 25 percent chance to go down and 25 percent chance to go up.

if you are bad or excellent, i believe its 75 percent to stay the same and 25 percent chance to change

Edited by Malfatron

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

You should definitely not be an 8 point underdog 

Nah, it's about right. You just destroyed your last opponent where I have a clear loss, an overtime win, and a one-score win. Not exactly the most convincing. My top two RBs are injured, too, and their back-ups are either injury prone or ineffective. 

• Like 1