Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

On 2/7/2018 at 12:17 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

So who is getting dealt at the deadline? 

Rangers look set to have a firesale.  Rick Nash, Michael Grabner, and Nick Holden are all certain to be available.  I feel like Nash could really help out a team as a secondary scorer and two-way play.  Also rumored to be shopping Ryan McDonagh and Mats Zuccarello, though I imagine it would take a lot more to give them up.

19 hours ago, roysmyboy31 said:

Rangers look set to have a firesale.  Rick Nash, Michael Grabner, and Nick Holden are all certain to be available.  I feel like Nash could really help out a team as a secondary scorer and two-way play.  Also rumored to be shopping Ryan McDonagh and Mats Zuccarello, though I imagine it would take a lot more to give them up.

I saw the letter that they sent out...yeah, they're all in on being sellers. For the Devils, I'm not sure that anyone super intrigues me. Maybe Nash? 

What say you @bkobow05? Any value in acquiring Nash for the stretch run? We've been scuffling for quite a bit now. Some defensively, some offensively. He's off the books at the end of the year. Not the same goal scorer he was, but 16 so far this year isn't super terrible, may help kickstart the power play again as we've slowly tumbled down the rankings there. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I saw the letter that they sent out...yeah, they're all in on being sellers. For the Devils, I'm not sure that anyone super intrigues me. Maybe Nash? 

What say you @bkobow05? Any value in acquiring Nash for the stretch run? We've been scuffling for quite a bit now. Some defensively, some offensively. He's off the books at the end of the year. Not the same goal scorer he was, but 16 so far this year isn't super terrible, may help kickstart the power play again as we've slowly tumbled down the rankings there. 

I could get behind Nash if he cost little. 

Just now, bkobow05 said:

I could get behind Nash if he cost little. 

I'd have to imagine he wouldn't be expensive. I think his deal is expiring, so he's pure rental, and the prorated portion, while not super crazy, is still expensive I believe. 

I guess Ottawa and LA have decided to swap some bad contracts.  Though LA gets a break by having Ottawa retain on Phaneuf's huge cap hit.  Phaneuf is still useful in the right role and LA already have Doughty, Muzzin, and Martinez ahead.  Unfortunately, Gaborik's body is just about broken down at this point.  Not sure what use they have for him, especially where they are at as a team.

15 hours ago, roysmyboy31 said:

I guess Ottawa and LA have decided to swap some bad contracts.  Though LA gets a break by having Ottawa retain on Phaneuf's huge cap hit.  Phaneuf is still useful in the right role and LA already have Doughty, Muzzin, and Martinez ahead.  Unfortunately, Gaborik's body is just about broken down at this point.  Not sure what use they have for him, especially where they are at as a team.

I thought that was an odd trade as well. 

On 2/14/2018 at 12:02 PM, Forge said:

He's not going to get any love for it, but Taylor Hall really should be in consideration for the Hart. He's been pretty amazing for the Devils and without him, this team offensively is suddenly very stunted. 

If we make the playoffs, he'll get some consideration. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

If we make the playoffs, he'll get some consideration. 

He's been pretty great. There have been only a few games I watched where I didn't think he was the best player on the ice. More multiple point games than 0 point ganes

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Yuge win. Can't believe Lack held them to 3 goals. 

Yeah what a great game by lack. 

I thought there was no way it was going to stand. We can certainly play with the big boys. Nobody should want to play us in round one if we get in

Another assist for Hall. 17 gm point streak. Hasn't gone pointless since 2017

• Like 1