Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

On 1/7/2018 at 3:36 PM, Forge said:

Nice to see that the Devils are back to their old ways of not being able to win in overtime or shootouts. I can't believe how bad this team has been in shootouts for the last 5-6 years. Team is going through some major struggles now - granted, helped out considerably by two questionable off side calls that would have given us the lead in two games, but still. Getting a little ugly. On the bright side, I suppose we are at least getting a point in most of these games

I think we're fine. We really got screwed with those offside calls. Yeah we've lost 5 in a row but 4 of them were 1 goal losses with 3 coming in OT or SO fashion. We're fine haha.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:30 AM, flyers0909 said:

We're a terrible team but Sean Couturier is a legit 1C and Claude Giroux never went anywhere.  This might be one of the most frustrating seasons in a while (not because we're bad but because our coach puts out some of the most boring hockey in the NHL) but it's great to see the Twitter/HF trolls put to bed regarding Giroux.  

Honestly, I don't think we're terrible we're just super boring and maddeningly inconsistent.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:11 PM, flyers0909 said:

I was a bit drunk when I posed this and as you can tell I hate Hakstol haha.  I don't think we're terrible with an optimized lineup, but Weise, Lehtera, MacDonald, Manning (he's on PP2 wtf?), etc getting minutes makes us such a worse team.  Raffl, Laughton, and Leier were among the best shutdown lines in the entire NHL and now it's Lehtera on that line who literally can't skate anymore.  

I think that's another big problem too....we always have this issue with shedding dead weight. I thought we only had one more guy left (MacDonald) and then we sign Weise for 4 years and trade for Lehtera. Gotta get rid of them and bring up guys like Lindblom and NAK who would absolutely have a positive impact on this team.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I think that's another big problem too....we always have this issue with shedding dead weight. I thought we only had one more guy left (MacDonald) and then we sign Weise for 4 years and trade for Lehtera. Gotta get rid of them and bring up guys like Lindblom and NAK who would absolutely have a positive impact on this team.

Sanheim sitting this long is just wildly ineffective as well.  I get he struggled a bit but he drives play and his underlying numbers were pretty darn good.  

I was totally fine taking on Lehtera knowing we weren't strapped for cap space and could easily bury him if we wanted, the fact that he's playing is really concerning.  He's legit been one of the worst forwards in the NHL this year.  And if it's not him playing, it's his carbon copy in Weise.