Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

7 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

@Forge

We got Patrick Maroon for a 3rd

Gotta mean MarJo is out for the year 

Yeah, I don't expect him back this year unfortunately. Really wish there had been affordable defensive help available. I'll be curious to see who falls out of favor in the lineup

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I don't expect him back this year unfortunately. Really wish there had been affordable defensive help available. I'll be curious to see who falls out of favor in the lineup

I think we'll see something like...

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Wood-Zacha-Bratt
Maroon-Zajac-Grabner
Coleman-Boyle-Noesen/Gibbons

16 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

I think we'll see something like...

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Wood-Zacha-Bratt
Maroon-Zajac-Grabner
Coleman-Boyle-Noesen/Gibbons

I really don't get hynes' infatuation with wood. Dude drives me up the wall. There's talent there, but right now, he's more fast than skilled, and my bigger issue is that he plays out of control and undisciplined.

I feel like bratt and grabner should be on a line together. Think they would compliment each other nicely. 

I really like our 4th line guys. Pretty solid there

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I really don't get hynes' infatuation with wood. Dude drives me up the wall. There's talent there, but right now, he's more fast than skilled, and my bigger issue is that he plays out of control and undisciplined.

I feel like bratt and grabner should be on a line together. Think they would compliment each other nicely. 

I really like our 4th line guys. Pretty solid there

We need to keep Bratt and Grabner on the right side IMO. We don't really have anyone that can fill in there (sorry but I can't take anymore Stafford or Hayes) and I don't see anyway we bump Wood back to the 4th line. We like Coleman there.

I get the infatuation with Wood, though. Provides something we don't really have (until Maroon) in a big body that can throw himself around. He's still got a lot of untapped potential and we're doing alright with him on the ice so I see no reason to pull him off. I also like keeping the young guys together and seeing how the vets can mesh (Maroon-Zajac-Grabner).

4 hours ago, mse326 said:

Figured I'd place this here. Obviously a lot can change in 4 years

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2018/02/23/gary-bettman-nhl-players-2022-beijing-games-2018-winter-olympics/367908002/

Cliff notes
1. Bettman says unlikely NHL players will be in Beijing 2020
2. Unsurprisingly NBC Olympic Hockey ratings well down
3. BUT, Local hockey ratings were also down during the olympics
4. Bettman has had conversations with IOC about having hockey contested at summer olympics instead

NHL players remaining out of the Olympics is positive in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Give Taylor Hall the damn Hart. 

I wish. 

Zacha and Bratt having a nice game together, kind of like that. I haven't seen Bratt show up in a while, so this is nice. Just made a great play one on two to get around Pitt defenders and get a shot. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

9 pts up on NYI and CAR with 19 to go. I feel pretty safe at this point. Love playoff hockey so I'm glad we're likely apart of it again. Five years without it is too long. 

And Schneider made his rehab start tonight... could be back Thursday

• Like 1

Going to be one of those nights for the Devils against the Panthers it looks like. Hit the post twice, Grabner misses the net on a breakaway...powerplay never gets anything going as passes are kicking off skates and out of the zone. Not a pretty game by the Devils.