Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

2 hours ago, Forge said:

We scored 6 goals yesterday and he was right in front of the net for 3 or 4 of them, I can't remember, including one goal. Dude is huge in front there. The only guy we had in that role was Boyle, so this is a nice bonus to the team. We need to get the offense right still, but he's actually been a better addition thus far than the splashier Grabner trade (though granted, it's been 4 games lol) 

That’s him. Add his physical play and willingness to defend team mates and hes the complete power forward package. Fans would’ve preferred to see Lucic moved but someone gave him a NTC. 

I really hope he comes back to Edmonton in free agency somehow. I don’t see it being possible, but I can hope.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/03/2018 at 7:10 AM, thelawoffices said:

Just here to acknowledge the disrespect evgeni malkin is getting in Hart Trophy conversations. That is all. 

ahem

(no you are right tho lmao, kopitar goes with out the recognition he deserves so regularly lol)

Edited by Shady Slim

On 3/16/2018 at 4:10 PM, thelawoffices said:

Just here to acknowledge the disrespect Kopitar is getting in Hart Trophy conversations. That is all. 

Between him and MacKinnon I think at this point.  Both carrying meh teams, MacKinnon is just scoring at a nutty pace but Kopitar could easily win the Selke. 

Not looking good for the playoffs @bkobow05. I have no idea what's going on with Schneider. The injury must be really hurting him. Hasn't won in his last 11 games I think. Florida and Columbus are just beasting it right now and we have a tough slate with Pitt and Tampa Bay coming up. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Not looking good for the playoffs @bkobow05. I have no idea what's going on with Schneider. The injury must be really hurting him. Hasn't won in his last 11 games I think. Florida and Columbus are just beasting it right now and we have a tough slate with Pitt and Tampa Bay coming up. 

Yeah, is what it is. We'll likely miss out by a point or two. Got hammered last night by SJS. Need Columbus to beat Florida on Friday, at the very least.

Man, the Devils and Pittsburgh play some entertaining games. Kinkaid always seems to save his best for them. Will be tough if we don't get 2 points from this game, but at least I was entertained. I'd love to see a 7 game series between these two. 

Also, the Devils have to be the worst breakaway team in the NHL, including penalty shots / shootouts. They can be absolutely brutal sometimes. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Man, the Devils and Pittsburgh play some entertaining games. Kinkaid always seems to save his best for them. Will be tough if we don't get 2 points from this game, but at least I was entertained. I'd love to see a 7 game series between these two. 

Also, the Devils have to be the worst breakaway team in the NHL, including penalty shots / shootouts. They can be absolutely brutal sometimes. 

And then seriously 35 seconds later game time, Hall pots the game winner in OT on the breakaway lol. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Pretty sure we have the worst shootout record in the NHL since the shootout was implemented.