Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Heineman is a GREAT pull, man.

Gotta admit I know nothing about the guy other than he's 19 and drafted in the 2nd last year.

1 minute ago, Canadian Saint said:

That's an annoyingly good deal for the Flames. I honestly don't see what teams see in Bennett (he's trash imo), so to get a 2nd and a good prospect is a fantastic return to start your rebuild.

I always liked Bennett. Super disappointing he didn't develop like most thought he would but both parties needed a change of scenery so badly. Florida just got tougher to play in the offs at least.

Just now, Canadian Saint said:

Yeah that contract is gonna suck in year 3 I think. He's not even an Adam Lowry type 3rd line C, so not sure why you'd invest that much

He's a fine 3rd line winger, probably even pretty good, but he's really can't carry the 3rd line at center.  He's benefitted from some pretty inflated Sh%, just makes no sense to give him 5 years.  If he's on our 3rd line in year 3 the prospects didn't work out and we're in trouble, otherwise we're paying a 4th liner 3M.  

Also why the hell did Montreal waive Mete and trade for Gus???