Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

Just now, Canadian Saint said:

Good grief. You guys have been horrible the past month. What is it, 5th or 6th game in a row down 3-0? Your record the past 10-15 games has been poor too.

If the Ducks go to OT or win tonight, we'll be in the 2 spot in the lottery drawings, only 3 points ahead of Buffalo.

And we're icing the youngest team ever from what I can recall...or were after the TDL I think. Don't quote me on that but it's a random stat I thought I saw. **** happens. There are a lot of positives to take away from this year individually. Just a total gong show of a season, period, so it's hard to take much away from these kids. They've fought all damn year.

4 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Holy heck I had to look it up to see if it's true. Bloody hell imagine being 3 points ahead of a team that lost 17 games in a row. This season needs to end for you guys ASAP. This schedule has screwed you guys.

**** Covid. We looked damn good before that virus ruined Blackwood and Jack. That and Nico only getting like 8-9 games so far due to random injuries. Just a total gong show.

That being said, LIS above, the fight these kids have is what makes me okay with the season. When we saw the division alignments, the first thing I said was we would be in this position. The takeaway has been that these guys refuse to let things get toxic. Still fighting despite shortcomings and ****ty veterans. We may be on a bad roll but we're better than the record indicates.

Edited by beekay414

16 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Bloody hell imagine being 3 points ahead of a team that lost 17 games in a row

I mean, when you have a 2-10-2 stretch along with a 2-11-2 stretch, you're going to be able to compare to a team that lost 17 or 18 straight, whichever it was.

4-21-4 between those two stretches while Buffalo was 6-18-5 over 29 games that included the 0-15-3 stretch.

Remember, we started 4-3-2 before Covid hit us.

Edited by beekay414

29 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Holy heck I had to look it up to see if it's true. Bloody hell imagine being 3 points ahead of a team that lost 17 games in a row. This season needs to end for you guys ASAP. This schedule has screwed you guys.

Buffalo has routinely beat the hell out of us this year too lol

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

So, just saw Columbus has jumped to the 6th spot in the lottery. Would Jarmo have the balls to take Raty in that range?

giphy.gif

Race you to the bottom!

Don't usually scout NHL prospects that much, but maybe I will this year since we will have an early pick. From what I've heard, Raty has had a disappointing season. What do you think of him? 

I'd like to have a high enough pick for Beniers with our desperate need at C.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Don't usually scout NHL prospects that much, but maybe I will this year since we will have an early pick. From what I've heard, Raty has had a disappointing season. What do you think of him? 

He hasn't grown his game much over the last few years when he started getting #1 buzz. Haven't started my deep dive into specs yet but I don't think I'd consider him until the 2nd half of the 1st round.

6 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

our desperate need at C

And this is kinda why I brought this up. Raty is a C and Beniers is going top 4 easily IMO. Kent Johnson is more of a winger so I don't think he would work if you guys wanted a C. The next best pure C is Raty after Beniers. Raty is also a bigger C (6'1" 185 right now). Made me wonder whether or not CBJ and Jarmo would target him if Beniers is gone.

Edited by beekay414