Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

40 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

The 2023 draft is going to have two franchise changers with Bedard and Michkov. 

They are bananas. 

It sucks that  michkov is under contract in Russia until 2026 I think

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Which means some stupid GM may not consider him at #2 lol

Just sucks, man. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that contract situation pushed him out of the top three. That's a lock that you won't get him for at least 4 years

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just sucks, man. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that contract situation pushed him out of the top three. That's a lock that you won't get him for at least 4 years

I'd still take him #2. Pretty much guarantees Bedard goes #1 so it's the Bedard draft no matter what Michkov does. Even if you don't get him until he's 22, he's still a potential franchise changer. GMs are shortsighted and only worried about their careers so I wouldn't be surprised if it pushes him down. There's also the chance that he doesn't want to come over. Tough situation for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Fun fact I literally just learned...

MLB Hall of Fame pitcher Tom Glavine was drafted earlier than NHL Hall of Fame forwards Brett Hull and Luc Robitaille in the 1984 NHL Draft.

I knew he was drafted, didn't know he was a high pick or anything