Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He'd thrive with Jack, but the best piece I'd give would be our first this year. I feel like Laine may be in that territory where he's going to get quantity and not full on quality

Keep in mind this is the same forward that has had the same issues in two franchises. Issues with committing to two-way play and disinterest when the puck isn't on his stick. Torts gets a lot of crap, but Maurice and the Jets tried their hardest to get Laine to commit to playing some semblance of a team game. He goes through games without trying in board battles or playing in a system.

Then add to the fact he wants to be the focal point on offense and one of the highest paid players on the team. That doesn't cut it in the modern NHL. Hey maybe he changes with another change of scenery but I'm not paying Jarmo's asking price.

• Like 2

Just now, Canadian Saint said:

OMG. The Oilers finally don't hold the title for 'worst Taylor Hall trade' anymore. I thought I'd never see the day. Thank you Buffalo.

Meanwhile, the Devils essentially got Dawson Mercer, Jonas Siegenthaler, Nick Merkley and Kevin Bahl lol

Schnarr, I count as a swap for Blake Speers.

• Like 1