Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

Just now, Forge said:

Jesus. Did we learn nothing from lucic? 

I do love the annual reminder (in all sports) that just because someone is a GM doesn't mean they have any idea what they're doing. It's the beauty of sports. It's one of those spots where I think someone from FF could have similar success to GMs in pro sports if given the opportunity lol.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I do love the annual reminder (in all sports) that just because someone is a GM doesn't mean they have any idea what they're doing. It's the beauty of sports. It's one of those spots where I think someone from FF could have similar success to GMs in pro sports if given the opportunity lol.

We have been comparing draft classes in the niner forum to the GM for the last five years lol. We really aren't any worse

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Oh I'd 1000% move him for Amirov. Are the Leafs in a position to move Rielly tho? Would think not.

There's a lot of talk about what they are going to do with him. Ultimately, I think they let him play out the year, but it seems like the potential for trading him is legit

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

There's a lot of talk about what they are going to do with him. Ultimately, I think they let him play out the year, but it seems like the potential for trading him is legit

Yeah, I'm not sure if the best move for a team trying to compete would be to trade Rielly despite the lack of contract extension headway. Seems counter productive.

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Crazy that Hyman is that hot on the market. He's going to get big money and term and I'm not sure he ages well. If someone is legitimately considering an 8 year deal... Holy moly

He would be a great addition in Edmonton but not at the rumoured dollars and term.