Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Above mcdavid's pace. 

We really got ripped off with bedards d -2 season. It may have been a once in a lifetime experience.  He was averaging nearly two points a game in the whl as a 15 year old.. With a late birthday lol

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

LOL Caufield.  So glad we have a guy in the AHL instead of him

Montreal's top tier talent is legit. Suzuki and Caufield are excellent. I'm not sold that dach is going to be great or anything, but he's done a really good job of being that the piece on the line. 

But they desperately need more depth and an overhaul on defense

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Above mcdavid's pace. 

We really got ripped off with bedards d -2 season. It may have been a once in a lifetime experience.  He was averaging nearly two points a game in the whl as a 15 year old.. With a late birthday lol

McDavid is special but Bedard may be on his level as a prospect.

On 11/18/2022 at 11:25 PM, beekay414 said:

My favorite thing in the world is when they compare QMJHL stats to WHL stats lol.

Why is scoring in the different CHL leagues so different? The players that go to a given league is just geography isn't it? Why does that result in such disparities?

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Why is scoring in the different CHL leagues so different? The players that go to a given league is just geography isn't it? Why does that result in such disparities?

I think it has to do with the regions and the quality of prospects that come from each region. QMJHL typically has a lot less depth in terms of quality prospects.

If you're interested, you can PM me for a link over on Hockey's Future that can give you more information. I can't link it in the main forums for obvious reasons.

Edited by beekay414