Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Today feels like a good day for Conroy to swing another trade.

I think Tanev and Hanifin are for sure gone, and Markstrom is at 50%. 

I don't think Markstrom is going anywhere now. 

The devils could afford it because of LTIR and they were still asking retention. Other teams will almost certainly need retention. there just aren't any teams with that kind of immediate space.

Markstrom feels like an off season move now that the devils deal is dead. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think Markstrom is going anywhere now. 

The devils could afford it because of LTIR and they were still asking retention. Other teams will almost certainly need retention. there just aren't any teams with that kind of immediate space.

Markstrom feels like an off season move now that the devils deal is dead. 

I think the Flames would be willing to retain. Especially since we traded Lindy out and didn't use a retention spot.

Whether we use the slots on Markstrom, Tanev or Hanifin, it's a no brainer for the reasons you mentioned. 

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think the Flames would be willing to retain. Especially since we traded Lindy out and didn't use a retention spot.

Whether we use the slots on Markstrom, Tanev or Hanifin, it's a no brainer for the reasons you mentioned. 

That seems to have been the biggest hold up on the trade to the devils. I know historically, Calgary ownership has not backed a lot of retention in trades 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

That seems to have been the biggest hold up on the trade to the devils. I know historically, Calgary ownership has not backed a lot of retention in trades 

Yeah Murray Edwards sucks. However I feel as though Conny and Co. have the trust of him. Historically we have always been about not "rebuilding" and doing just enough to stay relevant but never be a true threat for the most part. 

Trading UFA's like Zadorov, Lindholm and likely more to come need the blessing from Ownership and I think they are finally starting to come around to not meddling. 

I hope they trust the FO enough to do what they think is best, and if that's retaining then amazing.

• Like 1