Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

Colorado added a young middle six center, a top 4 defenceman on most rosters, but they'll be able to play him on a 3rd pairing, oh and they were able to unload a disaster in Johanson.

They've already won the deadline if you ask me. 

9 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Colorado added a young middle six center, a top 4 defenceman on most rosters, but they'll be able to play him on a 3rd pairing, oh and they were able to unload a disaster in Johanson.

I'm on the flip side of this, I don't like what Colorado has done. 

13 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm on the flip side of this, I don't like what Colorado has done. 

Nah, I'm on board with the Avs. I think that this has been a crazy success for them. 

Getting Ryjo off the books this year and adding Walker for only a late first in a weak draft? All day every day. 

Mittelstadt solves the 2c problems that have plagued them for multiple years for a guy who has kind of struggled to take the next step and has found himself in the dog house a few times. The offensive game has never quite taken off the way you would have thought and his work off puck hasn't been great. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nah, I'm on board with the Avs. I think that this has been a crazy success for them. 

Getting Ryjo off the books this year and adding Walker for only a late first in a weak draft? All day every day. 

Mittelstadt solves the 2c problems that have plagued them for multiple years for a guy who has kind of struggled to take the next step and has found himself in the dog house a few times. The offensive game has never quite taken off the way you would have thought and his work off puck hasn't been great. 

I don’t watch the Sabres unless they’re playing the Avs, and have watched less of the Avs since the Kronke’s decided to be greedy, but how do you see that trade in particular working out long term? 

Bo has been good in Colorado minus the injury problems he had, but it sounds like Middlestadt has underperformed. 

2 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Bo has been good in Colorado minus the injury problems he had, but it sounds like Middlestadt has underperformed. 

Middlestadt was a flat out bust before last year. Has turned himself into a pretty nice 2 way, 60 point center the last two years. 

I'm not all that bullish on Byram and frankly I don't think it's going to get better for him in Buffalo where he's buried behind some really solid left handed D men (Dahlin plays right too, so its possible they keep Byram in the top 4 that way, but still). 

• Like 1