Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

12 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

If the NBA has managed to last 45 years in Utah, there's no reason to think the NHL won't.

Not at all my point. 23 professional athletes, not by choice, just had their lives uprooted from a place they chose to a place they didn't. Or at least a great place to live that they were rooted in. 

Edited by beekay414

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Not at all my point. 23 professional athletes, not by choice, just had their lives uprooted from a place they chose to a place they didn't. Or at least a great place to live that they were rooted in. 

How is that different from being traded? There is a lot of things screwed up with what happened, but the players moving is honestly pretty low on the list

3 hours ago, mse326 said:

How is that different from being traded? There is a lot of things screwed up with what happened, but the players moving is honestly pretty low on the list

You typically know when you're being traded or dangled in talks, it's rarely out of left field. An entire franchise uprooted. It's vastly different. 

And yeah, **** the players, right. I'm sure you'd be fine being uprooted if your company or law firm or business or restaurant or whatever just up and moved cities on ya. 

Edited by beekay414

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

You typically know when you're being traded or dangled in talks, it's rarely out of left field. An entire franchise uprooted. It's vastly different. 

And yeah, **** the players, right. I'm sure you'd be fine being uprooted if your company or law firm or business or restaurant or whatever just up and moved cities on ya. 

No I wouldn't because that isn't a normal part of the job. Players moving is. And this did not come out of the blue. It's been talked about for months. The only players I have sympathy for here are those with full NTC or NMC because they bargained to not have to go through this. Every other player being shipped somewhere else was a possibility they had to be prepared for.

I'm sorry but for the players this isn't materially different than being traded, imo

How long do I have to watch a Mike Sullivan coached Penguins team? If your name is Mike and a head coach in Pittsburgh then you are untouchable despite doing crap for years and years in the postseason.

Man 6 in period one? This game is out of control. 

I’m glad the Avs are finding a way to get some past Hellebuyck because Georgiev was my biggest fear coming into this series.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

Man 6 in period one? This game is out of control. 

I’m glad the Avs are finding a way to get some past Hellebuyck because Georgiev was my biggest fear coming into this series.

Georgiev not inspiring confidence