Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

11 hours ago, Forge said:

Mcdavid is just a privilege to watch, man. No other way to say it

It's amazing how, when he needs to he has another gear that no one can match. He might be the best stick handler the NHL will ever see. 

• Like 1

Since we've got a lull in the Cup Finals schedule until Friday, what's everyone's thoughts on Trevor Connelly in the draft. I've seen some teams taking him completely off their board. 

I don't understand that. Dude was a dumb 16 year old kid who made a mistake. While what he did was wrong, it's not to the level of a crime, etc. I don't think his actions reflect who is/stands for. He's done nothing since that time, but be a positive impact in his community. 

I think back to some of the stuff I did as a 16 year old and couldn't imagine that being held against me years later. 

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Devils landing Markstrom. Package still unknown.

2025 1st rounder (top ten protected) and D Adam Ball.

Great deal for NJ. I don't understand how goalies don't fetch more on the market. It's not just this trade, it's almost everyone of them you see. 

Sharks traded a 4th for Ty Dellandrea. I like that deal for them. He just didn't have a spot in Dallas but a team like San Jose is a great spot to go for PT. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Darcy Kuemper going back 

What are your thoughts? PLD has a long term deal but Kuemper has 3 years left and is 34 coming off an awful season. Seems like crap for crap lol. PLD has so much talent but he seems like a total headcase. 

Edited by beekay414

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What are your thoughts? PLD has a long term deal but Kuemper has 3 years left and is 34 coming off an awful season. Seems like crap for crap lol. PLD has so much talent but he seems like a total headcase. 

I thought they were going to buy out PLD, tbh. So the Kings basically shortened the term, lowered the cap hit and added a position they really needed. We will see if Kuemper can get his crap together again (seems unlikely, but LA defensive structure should help a ton). 

I don't think PLD cares about hockey even remotely so I don't think this works well for Washington, but I get why they did it. 

• Like 1