Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

54 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Market so far this year seems pretty damn good for Shero to make a move. Then again, both Hoffman and Chucky were kinda halfway out the door and everyone knew it...

I'm expecting him to make a move. I really think that one or two of the younger guys are out the door.  McLeod or quennevile, heck I wouldn't be shocked if they tried to sell high on bratt. 

Just now, Forge said:

I'm expecting him to make a move. I really think that one or two of the younger guys are out the door.  McLeod or quennevile, heck I wouldn't be shocked if they tried to sell high on bratt. 

Really hoping we make a move for a defenseman. Vatanen was great but we saw just how bad it got once he got taken out by the Lightning. 

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Really hoping we make a move for a defenseman. Vatanen was great but we saw just how bad it got once he got taken out by the Lightning. 

That's what I was thinking, and there could be some top 4ish available. The wild could unload dumba or brodin. I'd prefer the former, but I think he's in line for a long term deal, which may scare off Shero. Maybe Chiarelli will unload Klefbom. We have a good relationship there. I know Carolina is probably going to look to move Faulk at some point.  Vancouver has edler who would fit nicely in the contracts we want to have

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

When does it expire? Also, where? I haven't seen anything.

Three years. 5.3 each. Not sure if it can be bought out, though I imagine not otherwise I imagine they would have done be it. 

Sorry, I didn't mean scuttle about us doing it, but scuttle about Chicago potentially doing it with someone. Apparently dumping the contract is there biggest priority this off-season for them and there was chatter they may be willing to trade #8 to do it. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Three years. 5.3 each. Not sure if it can be bought out, though I imagine not otherwise I imagine they would have done be it. 

Sorry, I didn't mean scuttle about us doing it, but scuttle about Chicago potentially doing it with someone. Apparently dumping the contract is there biggest priority this off-season for them and there was chatter they may be willing to trade #8 to do it. 

Nah, I think we're fine at 17 or trading down. Plus, with how Shero talked about cap space earlier this off-season, it wouldn't make sense to burn it on someone who is no longer playing.