Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

I'm warming up to the trade tbh. Fox was an awesome prospect, but made it clear to management that he wouldn't sign with us. Hamilton apparently even spoke to our GM about not wanting to be around for whatever reason. I find it odd that two teams now have sold Hamilton "low", given his stats/age/contract. His weird antics must be negatively affecting teams?

17 hours ago, Slateman said:

Honestly, it's probably an overpay. He benefits from playing with Ovi

I guess it depends on how you look at it. I don't count on this contract aging well, but at the same time, I do think he would have gotten more on the open market, so I think the contract itself is slightly lower than it could have been. 

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, longtime New Jersey Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur and Willie O'Ree, who broke the NHL's color barrier 60 years ago, are among the six-person 2019 Hockey Hall of Fame class, the Hall announced on Tuesday.

Longtime NHL winger Martin St. Louis, Canadian women's player Jayna Hefford and Russian player Alexander Yakushev will also be inducted. The induction ceremony is in November, in Toronto.

Marty was an obvious no brainer. Nice to see St. Louis get in, but I was hoping that Alfredsson would get in this year (if only because I think he's one of the most comparable players to Patty Elias in his potential bid to get into the HOF). 

But wow, Bettman? At the very least, he should have had to wait until he was done as commissioner. 

38 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Sabres have deal in place with the Blues that sends Ryan O'Reilly to St. Louis.

Hoping for Jake Allen and Colton Parayko anybody know anything about this ?

Damn it, I wanted ROR in Jersey. I would've given up our 2019 1st and then some so fast.

1 hour ago, bkobow05 said:

Damn it, I wanted ROR in Jersey. I would've given up our 2019 1st and then some so fast.

I'm hearing the package is Allen, Parayko and Sobotka. That's a nice haul but we're eating the 7.5 million bonus on July 1

Seems unrealistic and social media isn't always accurate 

Edited by BillsGuy82