Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

23 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

I thought so at first, but honestly it all depends on Thompson.  He seems like a boom or bust prospect to me.  The picks were to be expected, and Berglund and Sobotka are kinda just solid, yet overpaid role players.  I think it's a pretty fair trade for both sides. 

Yeah, I give that up easily for ROR. Buffalo was pressed with the roster bonus crap so they couldn't hold out for Kyrou or Thomas. Sucks for them. Gotta hope Tage booms.

7 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

What's Tage Thompson's potential like?

Second line upside I'd say, but likely looking at that 2nd to third line tweener type of forward, but possible power play stud if he ever gets the chance. He's got a really nice shot. Quick load time. I think that his potential is better in Buffalo than it was going to be in Saint Louis though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I dont Think Tage has 2nd line upside. I’ll put His potential as a decent 3rd line player. Probably wrong though, I’ve been known to be a bit of a homer. 

Third liner is probably right, but I like his shot enough that I won't take the possibility away from him being better. I'd say very small chance he's a solid top six, a meh chance he's a second and third tweener, but a good chance of a third line player. Most likely, he's a third liner with some really nice power play bonus in my opinion

I mean I like Stastny but not a huge fan of that contract. Expecting a Karlsson trade but for now I guess it's looking like below. 3rd line needs work.

Marchessault - Karlsson - Smith

Haula - Stastny - Tatar

Carpenter - Eakin - Tuch

Nosek - Bellemare - Reaves

Lindberg, Carrier, Carr

McNabb - Schmidt

Theodore - Engelland

Miller - Holden

Merrill, Hunt

Flower

Subban

Edited by ninerfanwheelz

1 minute ago, flyers0909 said:

Something we haven't mentioned is that human piece of **** Slava Voynov can most likely re-join the NHL.  It will be disgusting if a team tries to trade for his rights.  

Been talking about that over on Hockey's Future. If anyone goes after him, I'll vomit.

1 minute ago, flyers0909 said:

It's absolutely insane some of the comments over there on the situation.  People are garbage. 

Dude punched, choked, kicked while she was down and threw his wife against the TV. There's zero reason anyone should defend that ****.

Sens have offered Karlsson 8 / 80. Sounds like he didn't bite, and I can't say that I blame him given that Doughty just signed for more. They are apparently engaged in "serious" trade talks with multiple teams and have given permission for Karlsson's people to talk extensions with the teams.