Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:48 PM, mm6492 said:
On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:47 PM, Blazer026 said:

Any of you guys ever go to a Winter Classic? Just bought tickets, pretty excited. 

I've been to 2 of them, very cool environment. Some people say they are a tad overrated, but I loved them. 

I've been to a few of them. I think from just a hockey game perspective you're right, they're overrated. I think there's something awesome about the whole atmosphere of playing outside, especially when the snow starts to fall. That said they Flyers better start winning these things or I'm gonna be annoyed when they keep getting them.

Edited by Hockey5djh

8 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

I've been to a few of them. I think from just a hockey game perspective you're right, they're overrated. I think there's something awesome about the whole atmosphere of playing outside, especially when the snow starts to fall. That said they Flyers better start winning these things or I'm gonna be annoyed when they keep getting them.

Yeah, Blackhawks are 1-4, hoping it'll be a good game. 

1 hour ago, flyers0909 said:

Pretty light return for Skinner...

I thought so too. I thought it was a little odd that the Sabres were the ones trading for him though as well, so I'm guessing that there just wasn't a ton of interest at whatever pricepoint Carolina was seeking. 

On 7/30/2018 at 12:17 PM, tom cody said:

Heard Cody Ceci wants 6 million dollars a year in arbitration. I want Reese Witherspoon too, doesn't mean I'm going to get what I want either. I like the Sens but Ceci's not worth that. 

Why? 

Edited by renndawg37

10 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Vancouver got a good one in Quinn Hughes.  He killed the World Junior Summer Showcase.  

It's funny because not too long ago there was a thread on Hockey's Future about whether or not they should be regretting the pick after he struggled a bit at their prospect / development camp or whatever it was LOL