Season Predictions

beardown3231

Let's hear your 2020 season predictions. Teams report to camp later this month. I'll go in depth but feel free to post any predictions you may have. Let's have some fun, shall we?

Bills
Patriots
Dolphins
Jets

Ravens
Bengals
Steelers
Browns

Colts
Texans
Titans
Jaguars

Chiefs
Broncos
Raiders
Chargers

Cowboys
Redskins
Eagles
Giants

Vikings
Packers
Lions
Bears

Saints
Falcons
Bucs
Panthers

49ers
Seahawks
Cardinals
Rams

MVP: Mahomes
OROY: Burrow
DROY: C. Young
DPOY: Donald

Surprise teams: Denver and Washington (both win 10 games), Tampa and LAR (both lose 10 games)
5 worst teams in order: Jaguars, Panthers, Jets, Giants, Rams
AFC Championship: Chiefs over Buffalo
NFC Championship: Cowboys over SF
Super Bowl: Chiefs over Cowboys

Edited by beardown3231

5 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Let's hear your 2020 season predictions. Teams report to camp later this month. I'll go in depth but feel free to post any predictions you may have. Let's have some fun, shall we?

Bills (12-4)
Patriots (10-6)
Dolphins (8-8)
Jets (4-12)

Ravens (13-3)
Bengals (7-9)
Steelers (10-6)
Browns (10-6)

Colts (8-8)
Texans (11-5)
Titans (11-5)
Jaguars (3-13)

Chiefs (14-2)
Broncos (7-9)
Raiders (6-10)
Chargers (3-13)

Cowboys (12-4)
Redskins (5-11)
Eagles (10-6)
Giants (6-10)

Vikings (11-5)
Packers (0-17 ftp)
Lions (6-10)
Bears (10-6)

Saints (12-4)
Falcons (7-9)
Bucs (10-6)
Panthers (8-8)

49ers (13-3)
Seahawks (12-4)
Cardinals (10-6)
Rams (8-8)

DPOY: Mack

Haven't looked at any schedules or anything... Just my guesses. Bills seem like strongest AFCE squad. No real worst to first, but Bears should hopefully be in the playoff race.

Edited by The_Romen

52 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

FWIW I wasn't looking for you all to add the records, rather that was my order of how I believe the standings will end. Or maybe you do realize that and that was your predictions xD  

There's always a worst to first team. I just wasn't sure who will do that this year, but I think Washington could surprise people, hence the reason I had them finishing #2 in the NFCE

BTW, there are 16 games this season, not 17

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

If we have a season.   Depends on how much people are afraid of Covid.  

Bills - Bills are better than people think and people hate too much on their QB led by PFF.   They take division from Pats this year.  
Patriots - I don't believe in Newton.   But he fits well with Pats.   They don't have enough firepower offensively to make playoffs this year unless Bills lay an egg.  
Dolphins - Still bad.
Jets - Still bad.  

Ravens - They will face tougher battles in division as teams get used to them.   Outside division they should still mostly dominate because they are contrary.  
Bengals  -Much improved, but still bad.
Steelers -Steelers will be bad and Ben retires following season.  
Browns -Might be most purely talented roster in entire league.  They need coaching and execution.   I could see them making playoffs with competent coaching.  

Colts -Best O line in football.   Colts could be surprise team of 2020.  Assuming there is a 2020.  
Texans - People hating on BOB, but team is still good.   
Titans - Tannehill a one year wonder?  
Jaguars - Suck.  QB is fun though.  

Chiefs -  Super Bowl hangover and contract disputes means close but no cigar this year.   
Broncos -  Another team that could surprise everyone in 2020.   Lots of exciting young talent and speed on this team.   And speed kills.  
Raiders - Quietly getting better.   Still middle of pack squad though.  
Chargers - I think they will be bad this year.  

Cowboys - Loaded on offense.  Defense is overrated this year and lost two of their best players.  I think their LBs are injury prone and when they go down decent defense will become bad.   They will have to win shoot outs.   
Redskins - Real scary D line.   But not much else.  
Eagles - Still can win on any given Sunday.  Wentz needs to be more consistent and they need to beat teams they should beat.  
Giants - Still aren't very good.  

Vikings - Still pretty good.  
Packers - Still pretty good. 
Lions - Not that good.
Bears - Loaded on defense still which will keep them competitive.  Skill positions are underrated nationally, but hard to see them as contenders with two bad offensive tackles who sometimes play up to average.  Big hole in the roster that didn't get fixed in off season even with a new O line coach.   A new O line coach isn't going to give Massie better feet.  

Saints - Will be in playoffs again.  But will lose again.
Falcons - How are they not really good offensively?   I don't get it.   
Bucs - Brady makes this team a playoff team.   
Panthers - But for McCaffery Panthers would be awful.  He carries them.  

49ers - Still good up front on both sides of ball. Teams may catch up to their scheme offensively this year though.  
Seahawks - Will always contend, but will lose in playoffs. 
Cardinals - Will be much more competitve this year.   Will get some upsets and be much improved offensively.  May even sneak into playoffs.  
Rams - On decline in a tough division.  

DPOY: Donald

Surprise teams: Denver and Washington (both win 10 games), Tampa and LAR (both lose 10 games)
5 worst teams in order: Jaguars, Panthers, Jets, Giants, Rams
AFC Championship: Chiefs over Buffalo
NFC Championship: Cowboys over SF
Super Bowl: Chiefs over Cowboys

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

FWIW I wasn't looking for you all to add the records, rather that was my order of how I believe the standings will end. Or maybe you do realize that and that was your predictions xD  

There's always a worst to first team. I just wasn't sure who will do that this year, but I think Washington could surprise people, hence the reason I had them finishing #2 in the NFCE

BTW, there are 16 games this season, not 17

Oops. Well, there's my predictions not in order #sorrynotsorry

I thought there were 17??? Is that next year? Damn it, I'll edit it. I started with 16, then remembered there was another added... I'm dumb.

Edited by The_Romen

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

FWIW I wasn't looking for you all to add the records, false rather that was my order of how I believe the standings will end wrong. Or maybe you do realize that and that was your predictions xD  outlook uncertain

There's always a worst to first team. I just wasn't sure who will do that this year, but I think Washington could surprise people, better not to hence the reason I had them finishing #2 in the NFCE

BTW, there are 16 games this season, not 17 we'll see about that buddy

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

???

"False" - I really wasn't. I was moreso looking for any predictions. I do appreciate his effort in doing every team, though.

"Wrong" - Well yes I am probably wrong. Kind of hard to predict the standings exactly in July.

"Outlook uncertain" - Not really sure what that means

"Better not to" - See above

"We'll see about that buddy" - Well technically there are 16 games. I could easily see there being 0. There definitely won't be 17. The schedule is out already

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, The_Romen said:

Oops. Well, there's my predictions not in order #sorrynotsorry

I thought there were 17??? Is that next year? Damn it, I'll edit it. I started with 16, then remembered there was another added... I'm dumb.

They lost on the bye week, that's what should happen. 

Problem solved. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

???

"False" - I really wasn't. I was moreso looking for any predictions. I do appreciate his effort in doing every team, though.

"Wrong" - Well yes I am probably wrong. Kind of hard to predict the standings exactly in July.

"Outlook uncertain" - Not really sure what that means

"Better not to" - See above

"We'll see about that buddy" - Well technically there are 16 games. I could easily see there being 0. There definitely won't be 17. The schedule is out already

I was just joining in taking something as a quiz, when it wasn't supposed to be a quiz. I also can't help writing things in the "leave this space blank" part of forms

attempt at humor, nothing to see there

• Like 1

My money at this point is that there is no season this year.....

BUT.... even if there is, I'm not optimistic for it.....

Year one of Nagy, we had a ton of optimism with Nagy coming in to fix the offense and help Biscuit...... The team vastly outperformed expectations with a young and inexperienced Biscuit at the helm, but mostly because the defense played at historic levels and we where 1-done for playoffs.

Year 2 of Nagy, the offense managed to regress, and the defense came down to reality after we lost our DC.... The team got exposed and it didn't really have any big things to hype itself over.

I look at this year, and I legitimately don't understand how anyone is super optimistic about this season... The offense was a rancid dumpster fire last year, and literally zero of the issues with it are fixed for this year, and no, drafting the 2nd best TE from Notre Dame, in a weak TE class and/or a washed up Graham is not going to solve that problem, nor has the line been overhauled to the point where we'd have any prayer of a decent running game...... So we are essentially pinning our entire hopes on the defense being radically and dramatically changed with a pass rusher opposite Mack, to the point that it will carry our garbage offense to a string of wins, the vast majority of which are going to be games decided by a single score.  Biscuit has shown absolutely no capability to get it done, and Foles hasn't shown he can do it for a full season (not to mention the fact that I think Biscuit is going to get the first 8 games no matter how terrible he looks).... 4-9 wins is my prediction for this team right now, with the massive variance being because it's going to take fluke defensive performances (multiple turnover games) and/or outright luck in barely edging out a narrow win in the 4th quarter.... You simply cannot count on those things happening consistently enough to string together enough wins to have any chance at a run this year.  I also don't think the locker room is going to be easy to keep buying in, when the defense is forced to do 95% of the work every week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

My money at this point is that there is no season this year.....

BUT.... even if there is, I'm not optimistic for it.....

Year one of Nagy, we had a ton of optimism with Nagy coming in to fix the offense and help Biscuit...... The team vastly outperformed expectations with a young and inexperienced Biscuit at the helm, but mostly because the defense played at historic levels and we where 1-done for playoffs.

Year 2 of Nagy, the offense managed to regress, and the defense came down to reality after we lost our DC.... The team got exposed and it didn't really have any big things to hype itself over.

I look at this year, and I legitimately don't understand how anyone is super optimistic about this season... The offense was a rancid dumpster fire last year, and literally zero of the issues with it are fixed for this year, and no, drafting the 2nd best TE from Notre Dame, in a weak TE class and/or a washed up Graham is not going to solve that problem, nor has the line been overhauled to the point where we'd have any prayer of a decent running game...... So we are essentially pinning our entire hopes on the defense being radically and dramatically changed with a pass rusher opposite Mack, to the point that it will carry our garbage offense to a string of wins, the vast majority of which are going to be games decided by a single score.  Biscuit has shown absolutely no capability to get it done, and Foles hasn't shown he can do it for a full season (not to mention the fact that I think Biscuit is going to get the first 8 games no matter how terrible he looks).... 4-9 wins is my prediction for this team right now, with the massive variance being because it's going to take fluke defensive performances (multiple turnover games) and/or outright luck in barely edging out a narrow win in the 4th quarter.... You simply cannot count on those things happening consistently enough to string together enough wins to have any chance at a run this year.  I also don't think the locker room is going to be easy to keep buying in, when the defense is forced to do 95% of the work every week.

To a tee, exactly where I'm at. I don't think they win more than 6 games. Only way out is a miracle Trubisky turnaround or the D has a season like 2018 where they take the ball away a zillion times

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

To a tee, exactly where I'm at. I don't think they win more than 6 games. Only way out is a miracle Trubisky turnaround or the D has a season like 2018 where they take the ball away a zillion times

Call me optimistic or whatever you want, but even with all that was wrong last year this team still managed to win 8 games.

I get some people might not think they did enough to improve the offense, but they have definitely improved on paper and the defense looks to be just as strong if not stronger.  Plus let's not forget all the new position coach additions on offense.

With an easier strength of schedule this year I am expecting at least 8 wins.  It will all depend on how the QB and running game goes of course.

I think we will see a highly motivated Biscuit after the Foles addition, his option being declined and seeing Mahomes just sign a historic deal.  I'm excited.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Call me optimistic or whatever you want, but even with all that was wrong last year this team still managed to win 8 games.

I get some people might not think they did enough to improve the offense, but they have definitely improved on paper and the defense looks to be just as strong if not stronger.  Plus let's not forget all the new position coach additions on offense.

With an easier strength of schedule this year I am expecting at least 8 wins.  It will all depend on how the QB and running game goes of course.

I think we will see a highly motivated Biscuit after the Foles addition, his option being declined and seeing Mahomes just sign a historic deal.  I'm excited.

That's what we said last year, though. "Defense won't take the ball away as much but the offense will definitely improve" and instead all of the s*** got worse. OL got worse, QB got worse, Montgomery wasn't as good as we thought/didn't have any lanes, Cohen stunk, TE's blew, and the playcalling was below average. How do we know the QB situation will be better, or Montgomery and Cohen aren't what they showed last year, or the OL will continue to be terrible? TE's will be better, but better TE's comparatively won't necessarily result in a 1-2 win increase.

The schedule is always hard to navigate. Some look difficult, some look easy, but it never works out that way. For instance, the Bears play the Saints, Texans, Titans, Packers x2, Vikings x2 this year. They were all really good last year. They also play Atlanta, Tampa and Detroit x2, 3 teams who will definitely be better. Sure, they play the Jags and Panthers and Rams this year, but that's only 3 games. We'll see. Makes no sense for me to argue SOS and then argue it xD

I did hear Trubisky is working out with some coach who studied him and found something with his shoulder levels were off or something like that. Maybe that'll help?

I want you to be right, trust me. I just can't see it, and that sucks because last offseason I was literally counting down by the day until week 1.

Edited by beardown3231

12 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

That's what we said last year, though. "Defense won't take the ball away as much but the offense will definitely improve" and instead all of the s*** got worse. OL got worse, QB got worse, Montgomery wasn't as good as we thought/didn't have any lanes, Cohen stunk, TE's blew, and the playcalling was below average. How do we know the QB situation will be better, or Montgomery and Cohen aren't what they showed last year, or the OL will continue to be terrible? TE's will be better, but better TE's comparatively won't necessarily result in a 1-2 win increase.

The schedule is always hard to navigate. Some look difficult, some look easy, but it never works out that way. For instance, the Bears play the Saints, Texans, Titans, Packers x2, Vikings x2 this year. They were all really good last year. They also play Atlanta, Tampa and Detroit x2, 3 teams who will definitely be better. Sure, they play the Jags and Panthers and Rams this year, but that's only 3 games. We'll see. Makes no sense for me to argue SOS and then argue it xD

I did hear Trubisky is working out with some coach who studied him and found something with his shoulder levels were off or something like that. Maybe that'll help?

I want you to be right, trust me. I just can't see it, and that sucks because last offseason I was literally counting down by the day until week 1.

We have owned the Vikings the past 2 years under Nagy.  They also lost one of their better players in Diggs.  I still think they are a solid team but I'm not worried about them.  Kirk is always good for blown game or two.

We need to beat the Packers both times or at least split...I think that's what will come down to making playoffs or not because as I said I expect the team will still win the games they should.

And how many times do we hear that the Lions will be good this year? LOL..I'll believe it when I see it.  So far Matt Patricia has given me nothing to believe he will turn it around this year.  I think he will be fired before end of season. You can quote me on that.