Season Predictions

beardown3231

17 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

We have owned the Vikings the past 2 years under Nagy.  They also lost one of their better players in Diggs.  I still think they are a solid team but I'm not worried about them.  Kirk is always good for blown game or two.

We need to beat the Packers both times or at least split...I think that's what will come down to making playoffs or not because as I said I expect the team will still win the games they should.

And how many times do we hear that the Lions will be good this year? LOL..I'll believe it when I see it.  So far Matt Patricia has given me nothing to believe he will turn it around this year.  I think he will be fired before end of season. You can quote me on that.

Very true on MIN. It doesn't mean the match up is overly favorable. Playing that many playoff teams doesn't strike me as easy.

Well I don't think the Lions are going to be awesome or anything, but it's hard to be worse than they were last season, right? There were only 2 worse teams. If Stafford recovers I can't see them losing 12+ games again

Edited by beardown3231

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

That's what we said last year, though. "Defense won't take the ball away as much but the offense will definitely improve" and instead all of the s*** got worse. OL got worse, QB got worse, Montgomery wasn't as good as we thought/didn't have any lanes, Cohen stunk, TE's blew, and the playcalling was below average.

Yeah, BUT, how much worse can it be than that?  

Only half joking here. 

I think they're around a 9 win team, which sucks in it's own way. I think they're a team that has a really talented phase, in a division that's not as strong as it is perceived to be.  They won 8 games last year with lots of key injuries on the good side of the ball, and the offense was there too. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they make playoffs, but they'd need a really hot streak to do anything but get eliminated quickly.  I guess Foles could magically play above his level twice in a career, but really I think they're middling, and that will limit their options in the rebuild, which likely starts next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I did hear Trubisky is working out with some coach who studied him and found something with his shoulder levels were off or something like that. Maybe that'll help?

His shoulder was busted. No crap he was having shoulder issues.  

Real problems: He gets too excited and can't be accurate downfield, he fails in his read both in pass concepts and during zone reads or option plays, OL blows protection (not his fault), he stares down A Rob and finally he too often leaves pocket rather than stepping up when it is warranted.

It's not one weird trick that is going to fix him.   Its making proper decision with football.   Its better blocking resulting in more time, less busted plays, better practices and better run game.   It's calmly making the throw to the open guy rather than chucking it over his head.   It's stepping up and letting guys run past and behind him rather than out racing them.  That gives OL time to recover and ride the guy past.

My guess is Foles wins  job and his last chance at proving to be a starting NFL QB will be the 2020 games he replaces an injured Foles.   

On 7/7/2020 at 1:08 PM, beardown3231 said:

Let's hear your 2020 season predictions. Teams report to camp later this month. I'll go in depth but feel free to post any predictions you may have. Let's have some fun, shall we?

Bills 2nd
Patriots 1st
Dolphins 4th
Jets 3rd

Ravens 1st
Bengals 4th
Steelers 3rd
Browns 2nd 

Colts 3rd
Texans 2nd
Titans 1st
Jaguars 4th

Chiefs 1st
Broncos 2nd
Raiders 3rd
Chargers 4th

Cowboys 1st
Redskins 3rd
Eagles 2nd
Giants 4th

Vikings 1st 
Packers 2nd
Lions 4th
Bears 3rd

Saints 2nd
Falcons 4th
Bucs 1st 
Panthers 3rd 

49ers 1st
Seahawks 2nd
Cardinals 4th 
Rams 3rd

MVP: Mahomes
OROY: Burrow
DROY: C. Young
DPOY: Mack (was going to go with Donald but decided to switch it up)

AFC Championship: Chiefs over Ravens
NFC Championship: SF over TB
Super Bowl: Chiefs over SF

Listed above 

26 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

His shoulder was busted. No crap he was having shoulder issues.  

Real problems: He gets too excited and can't be accurate downfield, he fails in his read both in pass concepts and during zone reads or option plays, OL blows protection (not his fault), he stares down A Rob and finally he too often leaves pocket rather than stepping up when it is warranted.

It's not one weird trick that is going to fix him.   Its making proper decision with football.   Its better blocking resulting in more time, less busted plays, better practices and better run game.   It's calmly making the throw to the open guy rather than chucking it over his head.   It's stepping up and letting guys run past and behind him rather than out racing them.  That gives OL time to recover and ride the guy past.

My guess is Foles wins  job and his last chance at proving to be a starting NFL QB will be the 2020 games he replaces an injured Foles.   

2 shoulder issues in 2 years isn't promising no matter the arm. Perhaps it's a mental thing now and one was being favored. Who knows? Hopefully this coach is helping

I agree with the rest

• Like 1

13 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Call me optimistic or whatever you want, but even with all that was wrong last year this team still managed to win 8 games.

I get some people might not think they did enough to improve the offense, but they have definitely improved on paper and the defense looks to be just as strong if not stronger.  Plus let's not forget all the new position coach additions on offense.

With an easier strength of schedule this year I am expecting at least 8 wins.  It will all depend on how the QB and running game goes of course.

I think we will see a highly motivated Biscuit after the Foles addition, his option being declined and seeing Mahomes just sign a historic deal.  I'm excited.

Absolutely THIS!  

Alot of players are going to opt out this year so there is likely no football anyways but I don't see how anyone can NOT understand that everything was working against us last year against a tough schedule and we still managed to win 8 games.  A couple that were lost by only a FG. 

42 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Absolutely THIS!  

Alot of players are going to opt out this year so there is likely no football anyways but I don't see how anyone can NOT understand that everything was working against us last year against a tough schedule and we still managed to win 8 games.  A couple that were lost by only a FG. 

I have us at third just because I really have little faith in the QB position and run blocking. I hope Castillo can get the OL playing consistently competently, that would be a significant upgrade.  

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I have us at third just because I really have little faith in the QB position and run blocking. I hope Castillo can get the OL playing consistently competently, that would be a significant upgrade.  

I guess how are they a couple games worse than last year?  Unless Mitch is going to start throwing backwards I just don't see them as being a lesser team than last year. The defense should improve with more pass rush and hopefully better health.

Either a slightly chastened MItch or an average Foles should be better, and while  I still think he's ****ty I think Ifedi alone improves over Kyle longs calcified butt out there.

I am NOT optimistic but I also don't think they'll be terrible, and it's really screwing up my 2021 mock draft game.

58 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I guess how are they a couple games worse than last year? 

The locker room is how it can be worse than last year.

First year under Nagy we had optimism and things where clicking better than expected. "Club Dub" sprang out of that.

Last year we had -expectations of being good- and the regression took a notable toll on the locker room.

This year, honestly, people think we're a bad team with a great defense and nothing else.... How many games into a season scoring sub 20 points per game  on offense do you think the defense will take without there being some bitter resentment about our inability to run the ball, the ineptitude of Biscuit, the potential QB controversy splitting the locker room if Biscuit sucks again and only some players want to roll with Foles...  The "boat" was already taking on water last year, and it really looked like at least a few guys where mentally checked out towards the end of the season.... That isn't a problem that gets better without improvement.... and I don't even mean outright winning... right now a Nagy run offense looks less competent and capable than the John "I'm coaching in the wrong decade" Fox's did.

This is the season that the boat either sinks or sails in, imo.... Nagy and Pace should both be on the hot seat, because I'm not sure I'd want either of them around for our next QB draftee, if this crashes and burns this season.... particularly when Nagy has pretty dramatically failed at the offensive side of the ball, and when Pace blew the Mahomes/Watson/Trubisky pick.

• Like 1

My prediction is 80/20 we'll actually have a 16 game season.  However those odds could change rapidly if players begin to come down sick in camp.

Also, if the NFL permits players to opt out of the season we won't even be certain of what rosters will look like 'til that happens.

I am actually starting to get seriously worried that the season won’t start or won’t finish.

The response to Covid at best has been incompetent and at worse has been nonsensical. 

If this continues to surge it has me concerned not only for the people, but that an NFL Season is not a reality.

15 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I am actually starting to get seriously worried that the season won’t start or won’t finish.

The response to Covid at best has been incompetent and at worse has been nonsensical. 

If this continues to surge it has me concerned not only for the people, but that an NFL Season is not a reality.

I think we probably disagree on what approach should be and should have been, but we agree that it has been incompetent and nonsensical.

I am also beginning to think that season won’t start and if it does it won’t finish.   

I very much fear for our country and the world.   Powerful people are playing power games and we are all going to be hurt by them.  We have a real life Game of Thrones going on in a national election year.  

I think most people think they know all motivations and who the villains and heroes are in the story according to their own biases and what is truth and what is lies and they simply do not and cannot.  And I include myself in that.   

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I think we probably disagree on what approach should be and should have been, but we agree that it has been incompetent and nonsensical.

I am also beginning to think that season won’t start and if it does it won’t finish.   

I very much fear for our country and the world.   Powerful people are playing power games and we are all going to be hurt by them.  We have a real life Game of Thrones going on in a national election year.  

I think most people think they know all motivations and who the villains and heroes are in the story according to their own biases and what is truth and what is lies and they simply do not and cannot.  And I include myself in that.   

If you want to know how the people in charge really feel, watch what they do with their lives, not with yours.  

I'm the the performance sailing industry, and **** Devos (husband to the Sec Ed) imposed a strict shutdown/lockdown on his sailing team, American Magic, back in early March.  All the sailors were paid to lockdown and shelter in place so that they could travel to NZ and be virus free. They have been super strict on movement and safety gear, all so that AM can make it NZ for the Americas Cup training. NZ, incidentally, is more or less virus free, and enforcing a 14 day quarantine for anyone coming in from overseas. Meanwhile,  Betsy is arguing that kids should all just go to school in fall so people can work.  

Draw your own conclusions. 

• Like 3