Packers 2020 Training Camp

Brat&Beer

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I feel like I was born for that job.  

I feel like the NFL would go out of its way to make sure that I was never allowed to even watch NFL football again, if I were one of the megaphone guys.  But it would be a glorious first 2-3 minutes of horribleness that would leave people asking, "were we even allowed to say that in the 70s?" :D 

First practice is scheduled for tomorrow. First padded practice could be Monday. I retired earlier this summer and was looking forward to attending quite a bit of training camp. Bummed that that won't happen, but obviously my issues are miniscule compared to others.

Really interested at what happens at WR. Funchess opting out really opens things up for some guys. Very interested to hear about Begelton. Watched some tape of him. Thought his skills looked good,  but unsure about his speed. Unlike some of the Packer WR's who can use their height and length to go over guys, Begelton will need quickness and speed to separate. I've always been on the ESB bandwagon (I follow Notre Dame), so I'm hoping for big things from him. Was very surprised he lasted until the 6th round.  

17 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

First practice is scheduled for tomorrow. First padded practice could be Monday. I retired earlier this summer and was looking forward to attending quite a bit of training camp. Bummed that that won't happen, but obviously my issues are miniscule compared to others.

Really interested at what happens at WR. Funchess opting out really opens things up for some guys. Very interested to hear about Begelton. Watched some tape of him. Thought his skills looked good,  but unsure about his speed. Unlike some of the Packer WR's who can use their height and length to go over guys, Begelton will need quickness and speed to separate. I've always been on the ESB bandwagon (I follow Notre Dame), so I'm hoping for big things from him. Was very surprised he lasted until the 6th round.  

Adams, MVS, EQ and Kumerow I consider locks to make the roster. With no additions via the draft and the drop out of Funchess I can't see them not making the roster. With Covid impacting training camp and preseason I suspect the Packers will look to keep guys who're more familiar with Rodgers and the playbook.

I see Fulgham as Funchess-Lite. Watching the tape I think their games are similar. Will be very useful for run blocking.

Begelton himself admitted in an interview that his best position is in the slot. I will be interested to see how he does. As for his speed, I see in his highlights that Calgary used him on several end around plays so I suppose he has some decent quicks.

I have some interest in the Malik guys. Both the same age, Both similar size, Both had topsy-curvy college careers however Malik Taylor has a big advantage as he knows the playbook having been with us for a year whereas Malik Turner has only just joined . In terms of NFL experience Turner has a clear edge. On tape Turner appears to be more explosive whereas Taylor looks to be more agile and has better hands, perhaps routes too. I would say they're similar in terms of quickness, Taylor ran a 4.46 in his pro day to give you an indication of the speed we're talking about. Gun to my head I would say I prefer Malik Taylor.

Shepherd will be competing with Stewart for a slot role but both need to outplay Ervin significantly in the returns department to have any shot of remaining on the roster.

It sounds like these guys have been activated from the covid list. If I remember correctly players on the covid list does not count towards the roster limit. I believe that means 3 people were cut today to make room.

Edited by Chili

Boyle for a first round pick.

Love for two first round picks.

Rodgers for three first round picks.

Favre out of retirement.

15 touchdowns, 27 interceptions.  A really fun season where we win only 3 games.

Draft Lawrence.

Have three more first round picks.

Three first round picks the next year.

Two first round picks the year after.

Win the next four Super Bowls.

Just now, HighCalebR said:

a little good news about the D.

Until Pettine substitutes Vernon Scott for Kirksey after the Packers have given up 200 rushing yards and the opposing QB has thrown only one pass and we’re losing by 20 points with 7 minutes left in the third quarter of the NFC Championship game.