CFB Misc News Thread

naptownskinsfan

20 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Very real possiblity but one or two Friday night games are year aren't going to hurt helmet schools whatsoever. 

I should've said you don't only recruit at games anymore and that's probably how it should've been interpreted but that's my bad. 

Those 1-2 games do not help them or their recruits or their fan bases. You also can’t send a staffer out to a local HS on a Friday night anymore, which is also a huge deal for recruiting.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Those 1-2 games do not help them or their recruits or their fan bases. You also can’t send a staffer out to a local HS on a Friday night anymore, which is also a huge deal for recruiting.

LIS, one night a year isn't going to hurt helmet schools. It's like saying giving raises to bottom level employees at a fortune 500 company is going to hurt the bottom line. 

Oh no, you might have to settle for your second preferred 5* and not your first. The horror. 

Edited by beekay414

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

LIS, one night a year isn't going to hurt helmet schools. It's like saying giving raises to bottom level employees at a fortune 500 company is going to hurt the bottom line. 

Oh no, you might have to settle for your second preferred 5* and not your first. The horror. 

Who said anything about helmet schools dude? I’m literally talking about every school in the nation. Who does it benefit? Nobody 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Like anything else in life, you adapt.

So it’s okay to cherry pick adaptation, then?  Ah well Peacock is now streaming and so is Amazon Prime, adapt and buy it or else go without. These mega corporations make money hand over fist and bend over the average Consumer, but adapt amiright? 

Football is clearly headed to Pay Per View, so I guess we should all adapt and buy 3 different streaming services and a basic streaming cable alternative or cable/dish option. We should just adapt.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

It helps every school because it generates more revenue. 

I refuse to believe that Friday night ratings are better than literally any other Saturday game, period. I’d love to see who exactly is tuning in that otherwise wouldn’t to bump ratings.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I refuse to believe that Friday night ratings are better than literally any other Saturday game, period. I’d love to see who exactly is tuning in that otherwise wouldn’t to bump ratings.

Northwestern vs Minnesota will draw a bigger viewership on a Friday night when it is one of 3 possible games to watch than it would draw on a Saturday at 1pm when OSU/Texas/Oklahoma/Michigan/ped/Florida/Tennessee/Kentucky are all playing.

I don’t think that concept takes too many brain cells to understand.

it’s like with MACtion….this games played at 12/3:30/7…..you get maybe 500 people to watch….

throw that game on at 7pm on a Tuesday….who the hell isn’t watching Ball state vs Ohio?

as a fan of football, more days of it is always better…as a FB player or coach in HS…Friday night Cfb is stupid.

sadly tv execs will always win as these conferences are only in this game to make money hand over fist

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

So it’s okay to cherry pick adaptation, then?  Ah well Peacock is now streaming and so is Amazon Prime, adapt and buy it or else go without. These mega corporations make money hand over fist and bend over the average Consumer, but adapt amiright? 

Football is clearly headed to Pay Per View, so I guess we should all adapt and buy 3 different streaming services and a basic streaming cable alternative or cable/dish option. We should just adapt.

You want the plain answer?

Yes lol

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

It's an additional night to draw ratings. You have a game like Minnesota vs Iowa on a Friday night vs a Saturday at noon going h2h with something like Texas-Oklahoma, it's guaranteed to draw more eyes Friday night. This isn't rocket science. 

You're never going to see the big time B1G games happen on Friday night. Probably should leave this one to the TV people that know what they're doing. 

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yes, MWil knows better than the sports TV execs making money hand over fist! 

This is a forum to discuss things. Yeah the same TV Execs who thought it was a good idea to put Arrested Development on Monday Nights at 8:00 with a male age 20-40 demographic during MNF and Attitude Era WWE and wonder why it folded. Truly an infallible group of geniuses, they’ve never been wrong.

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

My dude, you're making a stink over absolutely nothing. If it benefitted absolutely nobody, it wouldn't happen. Yet, here we are. 

Literally nobody wants it. No B1G Teams, no coaches, not Deion Sanders, nobody who is good for college football wants this.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

This is a forum to discuss things. Yeah the same TV Execs who thought it was a good idea to put Arrested Development on Monday Nights at 8:00 with a male age 20-40 demographic during MNF and Attitude Era WWE and wonder why it folded. Truly an infallible group of geniuses, they’ve never been wrong.

Missed a very, very key word in that, my guy. 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Literally nobody wants it. No B1G Teams, no coaches, not Deion Sanders, nobody who is good for college football wants this.

People stuck in their ways don't want change. Shocker.

Putting Colorado vs Stanford on a Friday night rather than have them compete for eyes when you have Washington-Oregon, USC-Notre Dame and UCLA-Oregon State in the very same conference the next day/night is absolutely good for business. You draw way more eyes on that **** game tonight than you do tomorrow.

Edited by beekay414

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Missed a very, very key word in that, my guy. 

The same execs ramming WNBA down everyone’s throats hemorrhaging cash every year?

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

People stuck in their ways don't want change. Shocker.

Yeah Deion is bad for college football…lol

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The same execs ramming WNBA down everyone’s throats hemorrhaging cash every year?

The WNBA is subsidized by the execs shoving the NBA down our throats and making a **** ton of money, yes. You're desperately reaching now.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah Deion is bad for college football…lol

Not at all what was said, boss. You're way too invested in this lol.

Edited by beekay414