CFB Misc News Thread

naptownskinsfan

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think minimally they’ll have to pay Tucker out and probably in a big lump sum.

The “extortion” part occurred post break up when he said he wouldn’t have her back to speak to the team.

Just downright ugly. If I’m them, I’m settling quickly because the eyewitness for the phone sex just backed Tucker on it being consensual and at his place.

I  mean I could see it. There's no good option here.

This is gross to say considering the alternative is clear cut harassment, but this is the worst case scenario for the school.

18 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I think minimally they’ll have to pay Tucker out and probably in a big lump sum.

The “extortion” part occurred post break up when he said he wouldn’t have her back to speak to the team.

Just downright ugly. If I’m them, I’m settling quickly because the eyewitness for the phone sex just backed Tucker on it being consensual and at his place.

Agreed. Reading the story from the start, something just felt off. I really felt like Mel's side seemed like the probable truth. MSU should probably settle and move on and get away from it ASAP. 

13 hours ago, beekay414 said:

What's wrong with Friday night games?

Plenty. That’s when every recruit in the country and every HS Coach you’re trying to establish networking and pipelines with, and every parent and involved community member is occupied.

Net zero gain outside of TV revenue.

Michigan refuses to play and Ohio State and Penn State have massive reluctance and quite frankly should.

The conference should actually listen but won’t.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Plenty. That’s when every recruit in the country and every HS Coach you’re trying to establish networking and pipelines with, and every parent and involved community member is occupied.

Michigan refuses to play and Ohio State and Penn State have massive reluctance and quite frankly should.

Obviously it’s just about the bottom line. If Northwestern is playing Indiana on a Saturday at noon, nobody is going to watch outside of the individual fan bases when there are decent games on. But if you put them on Friday night, there’s nothing to compete against and a lot of people have nothing better to do. Ohio State has also been chapped about the number of Big Noon games they always play in because it’s not conducive to hosting national recruits who play on Friday nights. It is what it is, there’s a lot of money exchanged in these TV deals.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Very good points from a recruiting aspect. Never crossed my mind and makes total sense

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

This isn't 1998. You don't recruit at games anymore. You recruit camps and with constant communication. It's one or two games a year as well. Overblown argument. 

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Love you dude but you’re clueless here

Very real possiblity but one or two Friday night games are year aren't going to hurt helmet schools whatsoever. 

I should've said you don't only recruit at games anymore and that's probably how it should've been interpreted but that's my bad. 

Edited by beekay414