Titans Camp Thread

ttitansfan4life

Just now, TitanRedd said:

Mane do you know how many poor kids go to private school on scholarships all you need is to be friends with a coach & show promise as a student athlete  😩

I know how it goes. I coach at a public school and have private schools “recruit” kids away every year.  The family still hasn’t struggled with money though. Just because he’s from Brooklyn doesn’t mean they’re broke. He was a 5* recruit and went and played in the $EC. I’m sure him and the family were cut a nice check.

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I know how it goes. I coach at a public school and have private schools “recruit” kids away every year.  The family still hasn’t struggled with money though. Just because he’s from Brooklyn doesn’t mean they’re broke. He was a 5* recruit and went and played in the $EC. I’m sure him and the family were cut a nice check.

That’s definitely true I know SEC team that payed 90k for 1of my boys I coached & he was a 4star recruit but he still maybe  not use to having his own money is what I’m saying. He may got a 120k & his legal guardian took 80k & took that 40 & bought him a car or whatever 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Okay you want to cut a man because he’s immature gotcha. I’m sorry but nobody is perfect. I agree that was a idiot move especially in a world filled with Ubers but give up on a 1st round pick & call him a bum is crazy talk. I would suspend him 2-4 games to send a message. He was a luxury pick to begin with, he wasn’t brought in to start, the titans drafted him because there was y’all this kid has top 15 talent if he goes back to school & clean up his technique. 

I see you are taking my responses more seriously than I am.

So, yes cutting him is extreme and won't happen. 
I wasn't a fan of the pick so I'm not emotionally invested in him as a player. This isn't the same NFL of Cris Carter and McNair and patience with players are about a season or two. If he doesn't realize the opportunity he has and quickly, it won't be good for him. 

If he can't be dependable, one of Robinson's and Vrabel's pillars of being a Ttian, then they will just draft a more complete prospect next year. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

I see you are taking my responses more seriously than I am.

So, yes cutting him is extreme and won't happen. 
I wasn't a fan of the pick so I'm not emotionally invested in him as a player. This isn't the same NFL of Cris Carter and McNair and patience with players are about a season or two. If he doesn't realize the opportunity he has and quickly, it won't be good for him. 

If he can't be dependable, one of Robinson's and Vrabel's pillars of being a Ttian, then they will just draft a more complete prospect next year. 

Yea I did my bad they really dragging him through the mud 😩 I hope this damn fool I mean kid grows up fast & I liked the pick too, I got it why we drafted him 

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Yea I did my bad they really dragging him through the mud 😩 I hope this damn fool I mean kid grows up fast & I liked the pick too, I got it why we drafted him 

Yeah I got it too. I figured he was a project. I never really expected him to start over Kelly. 
But he needs to be dragged right now.He needs to see this isn't the SEC where little things like being at a party or doing donuts can be covered up.

He needs to see he isn't the top of the food chain and the NFL landscape doesn't give a flip about if he makes it or not. They will just draft your replacement.
Needs to wake up quickly. 

On 4/24/2020 at 12:09 AM, TitanSlim said:

I'm indifferent to it at the moment.  

Seems like a pick where down the line we either are talking about what a massive mistake the pick was or how great a job we did in grabbing him. No middle ground. We'll just have to wait to see how it plays out.

So this is what I wrote when we drafted him. Unfortunately the former is taking place over the latter at this point. I truly hope he has a wake up call and grows up before he does damage to not only himself but someone else.

On another quick note, J Rob getting Derrick Henry at the price he did compared to these other RB contracts is an absolute steal. As crazy as it sounds that Henry contract is starting to look like a bargain.

6 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

On another quick note, J Rob getting Derrick Henry at the price he did compared to these other RB contracts is an absolute steal. As crazy as it sounds that Henry contract is starting to look like a bargain.

I was looking at this too.

We "overpaid" for our RB but you see people like Mixon (documented issues), Cook (injury issues) vs. Henry with no injury issues, character issues. 
I think we did ok with our deals and we still got Clowney.

3 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

EhuFwXxXgAAeFcU?format=jpg&name=large
🗣so apparently this damn fool was doing Donuts & crashed 🤦🏽‍♂️

What's crazy about this is that the results of the BAC blow and the indicators aren't bad.  He just gets pulled over driving, with these facts and doesn't admit everything, it's an easy reduce to reckless driving.  Dismissal if they want to play hardball.

But doing donuts at an intersection?  That's moronic.

I thought he was a reach, but good lord.  I had no idea he was this much of a character issue.  What were the Titans thinking after they interviewed this kid?

22 minutes ago, Daniel said:

What's crazy about this is that the results of the BAC blow and the indicators aren't bad.  He just gets pulled over driving, with these facts and doesn't admit everything, it's an easy reduce to reckless driving.  Dismissal if they want to play hardball.

But doing donuts at an intersection?  That's moronic.

I thought he was a reach, but good lord.  I had no idea he was this much of a character issue.  What were the Titans thinking after they interviewed this kid?

Come on now you know the titans did their homework on his character before drafting him look how they screen Simmons, this is new to them I bet 

I honestly hope he gets the help he needs and gets his head on straight, because I'd hate to see him ruin such an amazing opportunity, but with where our team is trying to get to right now we just simply don't need these types of distractions. We have a legit window right now to compete for a Championship and don't have time to coddle a guy that clearly doesn't get it. He put himself in a really tough spot, and will probably be getting an 8 game suspension handed down from the NFL for the DUI and property damage. One more incident, and I think he's out of here. So for his sake I really hope this was a wake up call for him.