Titans Camp Thread

ttitansfan4life

You know, with the Titans only keeping four corners, but six safeties, I think I understand why they've picked the players that they've picked recently.

They seem to like depth DBs who are true hybrids.  Cruikshank, Hooker, and Jackson are all guys that can and have played corner, but also play safety.  If they're depth, why not put an extra emphasis on versatility, and allow you to more easily balance a roster.

Makes sense, especially for a season that could be particularly volatile as far as who is playing when.

Something I’ve been thinking about is we have a lot of guys who could be primed for a breakout year. More than I can remember in any season. Who are you guys top 5 candidates in order. I think I’ll go...

1)Jeffery Simmons 

2)AJ Brown

3)Rashaan Evans

4)Jonnu Smith

5)Harold Landry

HM)Adoree Jackson

4 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Something I’ve been thinking about is we have a lot of guys who could be primed for a breakout year. More than I can remember in any season. Who are you guys top 5 candidates in order. I think I’ll go...

1)Jeffery Simmons 

2)AJ Brown

3)Rashaan Evans

4)Jonnu Smith

5)Harold Landry

HM)Adoree Jackson

I'm gonna agree with @Mesa_Titan on Brown and Jackson.  Brown's breakout was last year, and Jackson would need to lead the league in INTs or something for it to be a breakout and not just steady improvement.  I'd actually argue the same for Rashaan Evans; he's been stellar against the run, but he needs to improve his pass protection, which is something LBs don't get noticed for.

Simmons is the big one, obviously.  I also have big hopes for Landry and Jonnu.  For low key players, Khalif Raymond is ready to get more chances, and he might be ready to break out as a legit contributor on the offense.  Isaiah Mack and Derrick Roberson also had good rookie years to build on, and I am hoping one of them takes a big step.  It's needed at both positions to take this defense to the next level.

Lastly, I think we might see a good bit from Kristian Fulton and Darrynton Evans.