The SuperFlex Syndicate 2022 -- DISCUSSION

squire12

50 minutes ago, winitall said:

I have come to a decision on how to handle this matter, which is unprecedented in our league at this scale.  One factor that I am giving significant weight to is the lineup moves made between Weeks 11 and 12, which included the benching of Josh Jacobs, Marquise Brown, and Jerry Jeudy, who were all projected to outscore multiple players in the final lineup.  As a result, I am heavily inclined to believe this is tanking, and not a situation where life got in the way.  I am proposing the following punishment options, which I will give @HvacRaider until 8 PM EST on Wednesday to choose between.  I am open to changing my mind if the majority dissent, but I think these options are fair.

Option 1: @HvacRaider can agree to field a full and reasonable lineup every week for the remainder of the season, and the tanking will be punished by the movement of his 1st round pick to pick 10, the last pick in the 1st round.

Option 2: If @HvacRaider does not respond by Wednesday at 8 PM, or if he so chooses, he can instead forfeit his team, which will be given to another individual.  This will result in no change in draft picks, as to not unduly punish the individual inheriting the team.  

@jcrell623 @SimsZilla @nagahide13 @squire12 @JaguarCrazy2832 @Hagar @HvacRaider @Bigbear72 @Sllim Pickens @winitall 

I feel that option 1 is too much.  

I'm okay with option 1. Not only does tanking improve his own draft position it also affects the draft position and playoff seeding for everyone in the league. 

As for option 2, for the reasons listed above, it is not fair to the rest of the league to lose draft position because tanking. I propose a slight drop in draft position by maybe one or two spots. 

8 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I definitely do not agree. He's 100% tanking intentionally.

I actually think option 2 is too lenient but that's probably because I'm in the running for 1st overall.

Are we certain this hadn't happened in prior years?  

Im not a proponent of making a rule midseason.  

I know that for the most part, teams have played their players if healthy.  Maybe making an iffy call here and there on a player but not benching 4 easy starts in one week.  

I agree that option 1 could be harsh, but also need to prevent this from happening.  If he sets a lineup the rest of the year however, maybe a drop to the end of the non-playoff teams is more reasonable and would give more incentive to returning.  

I do think we should do draft positions by possible points anyways, which would make option 2 moot for an incoming player.  They likely won't drop a ton but probably a couple spots at most which makes sense given the quality of the roster. 

edit: I did just look and his actual points are significantly lower than #2 worse so not sure how much max possible points will impact it.  

I recalculated the total for this week if he played the highest projected players and he would have scored 178.08, which was not close to a win.  Even with the highest scoring players in, he would not have won. Therefore I think its fair that the new owner would not be penalized in the draft as long as we do not let this go on any longer. 

Tanking cannot happen in a dynasty format, it ruins the integrity of the league. I understand life happens and that sucks but you cant be gifted the #1 overall pick because you just stopped caring. I have been screwed out of better draft picks in other leagues despite having a terrible team and it makes me wanna quit bc you cant get better

On 11/27/2023 at 7:03 PM, winitall said:

I have come to a decision on how to handle this matter, which is unprecedented in our league at this scale.  One factor that I am giving significant weight to is the lineup moves made between Weeks 11 and 12, which included the benching of Josh Jacobs, Marquise Brown, and Jerry Jeudy, who were all projected to outscore multiple players in the final lineup.  As a result, I am heavily inclined to believe this is tanking, and not a situation where life got in the way.  I am proposing the following punishment options, which I will give @HvacRaider until 8 PM EST on Wednesday to choose between.  I am open to changing my mind if the majority dissent, but I think these options are fair.

Option 1: @HvacRaider can agree to field a full and reasonable lineup every week for the remainder of the season, and the tanking will be punished by the movement of his 1st round pick to pick 10, the last pick in the 1st round.

Option 2: If @HvacRaider does not respond by Wednesday at 8 PM, or if he so chooses, he can instead forfeit his team, which will be given to another individual.  This will result in no change in draft picks, as to not unduly punish the individual inheriting the team.  

@jcrell623 @SimsZilla @nagahide13 @squire12 @JaguarCrazy2832 @Hagar @HvacRaider @Bigbear72 @Sllim Pickens @winitall 

Sorry I'm late to this, I got a new phone (where I do all FF stuff) and it was finicky with this site 

Option 1 is good, he's punished but still doesn't lose a pick, just moves back in 1 round. Option 2 if he doesn't show up at all.

9 hours ago, Hagar said:

Sorry I'm late to this, I got a new phone (where I do all FF stuff) and it was finicky with this site 

Option 1 is good, he's punished but still doesn't lose a pick, just moves back in 1 round. Option 2 if he doesn't show up at all.

These are my thoughts as well. 

8 hours ago, Hagar said:

TRADE:

PDX Dirtbags (not sure his name here) gets:

Brandon Cooks, WR 

Kyle Pitts, TE 

The Horrible gets:

Keaton Miitchell, RB

It's meeeeeee!

Agreed.

Keaton is a really interesting young back. I'm banking on ATL getting an actual QB. Hopefully that will unlock Pitts. I think Keaton could be good.

Edited by nagahide13

12 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

It's meeeeeee!

Agreed.

Keaton is a really interesting young back. I'm banking on ATL getting an actual QB. Hopefully that will unlock Pitts. I think Keaton could be good.

I thought it might be you but wasn't sure enough to @ you.

I've been waiting for that for awhile with Pitts, but with LaPorta and Engram I probably won't play him and wouldn't keep 3 TEs (or Cooks) going into next year....with as weak as RBs look next draft I figured I could afford a flyer on a young, "up and coming" RB.

Win/win for both sides it sounds like.  🙂

• Like 1