Raiders sign RB Jeremy Hill and then cut Jeremy Hill

agarcia34

We added so many playmakers on offense. Hopefully J Hill can make a comeback and be that player he flashed early in his career. Two years from his major injury and running behind a good offensive line could do wonders for his production. He runs like a dog and is the “big back” so many wanted.   🐶 

FWIW, he played AND earned his way onto the opening day roster in a deep group (as usual) in New England before literally tearing his ACL in the opener.

I'm glad he's getting another chance.

Edited by Nex_Gen
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

So many great moments Hill had with the Raiders hard to choose which one was the best.

updated

Welp, he must be done.  I was optimistic that he had something left in the tank at only 27 years old.  Low risk move and like I said if it didn't work out, cut bait with not much lost.  I didn't think it would be after two days though lol 

Hill's time on the Raiders.

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47ftivuq0k2rkr2wu4880

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

On 8/5/2020 at 5:53 PM, oakdb36 said:

How hard is it to understand we only signed Hill because Booker was on the covid reserve?

Uhhhh no.  I don’t buy that for 1 minute.  It’s not as cut and dry as you indicated.  The FO knew we lacked a power RB and talked about it publicly right before we signed Hill.  

Jacobs, Richard, Bowden, and Booker are all very similar backs and lack “power”, although that’s not a direct knock on Jacobs Because he does run hard.  Rod Smith and Stanback are just camp bodies we likely wanted to have in camp and stay in touch with throughout the season (or go on PS) in case we have injuries.  

Everyone knows covid tests have a high false positive rate... so it was likely Booker would only be gone a few days.... there was no need to bring in Hill for just a few days.  Hill was brought in to see if he had any juice left in his legs.  Apparently it quickly became obvious he didn’t and thus he was cut.  With so many similar RBs in camp there was no NEED to replace Booker for the few days to week he’d be out.  And Booker is on the outside looking in to make the roster anyways, his absences wasnt major.

At best, the FO saw an opportunity to bring in Hill and see what he had left while a roster spot was opened up by Booker going to The Covid IR list.  But it wasn’t as cut and dry as Hill was only here to fill in for Booker til he got back.  The FO knows there’s a need for a power RB2 and is likely to continue to search for one.

On 8/5/2020 at 3:51 PM, Humble_Beast said:

Didn’t they work him out before they signed him. Raiders moves as of late have been kinda idk. Letting good players walk for pennies like Jordan, signing Hill for no reason, ignoring defense depth. 

Im with you! Very questionable moves lately.... and highly questionable lack of moves.

Like Hill showed enough in a workout for us to sign, yet he was just such a massive disappointment the next 2 days he had to be cut right away?  Again, I don’t buy the other posters comment about how Hill was only brought in to fill a spot until Booker got of Covid-IR.  Sure, the FO took advantage of a roster spot opening up but they clearly see both the lack of a power back on this team currently and the need for one.  

I’ve been without power for days so I haven’t had time to address the snide remarks one poster made about my unhappiness we didn’t resign Jordan.... I’ll get to that next.....

but one reason I wanted Jordan resigned was he’d cost the league minimum..... there’s a cap credit we could use to resign him for up to something like 2.4M and he wouldn’t cost over the league minimum.  Sure they’re we’re better options than Jordan but at bare minimum if we weren’t gonna spend any money above the minimum Jordan was the best choice.

The FO ignoring depth and filling the holes at DT and SAM are very frustrating.  We seriously can’t go into the season with Daniel Ross as DT4 and Vickers/Panasuik/Aruna as the 9th DLmen.  And at LB we’re going to use little Morrow to play SAM and set the edge and cover LBs?  I really hope not.  Right now Phillips, Usher, White are competition for a roster spot..:.. that’s sad.

Our front 7 depth is very poor.  We really need to bring in a run stuffing DT, DE, SAM, and backup LB.  

the practice squad just got bumped to 16 players.... These low level guys competing for a roster spot should be replaced by a FA signing and be placed on the PS.