Food Draft - Meal Presentation

MKnight82

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, good stuff.

I’m with you and Mistake though. That Glenmorangie 12/18 is absolutely spot on for those of us that like it neat. I feel like the Quinta Ruban is more of a “with dinner” drink as opposed to those others which are more of a “wind down by the fire” drink.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I'm screwed. I got too content on landing beef at 5.

(I'll make this look pretty later).

- Prime Rib with au jus and horseradish

- Pan fried portabello mushroom caps

- Creamed Spinach with artichoke hearts and portabello mushroom

- Yukon gold smashed potatoes with horseradish

- Glass of Malbec

I’ll say this, that’s absolutely in my top tier fall/winter/holiday food item. Give me a nice house salad and some fresh bread to go with it, and that’s as good as it gets IMO. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I’ll say this, that’s absolutely in my top tier fall/winter/holiday food item. Give me a nice house salad and some fresh bread to go with it, and that’s as good as it gets IMO. :)

I focused too much on the au jus and horseradish at the end - didn't even think of dessert (I'm not much of a dessert guy to begin with).

I'll go with a store bought Sara Lee cheesecake for dessert...

MKnight82's Meal:

Appetizer - Balsamic Bruschetta 

866248.jpg&q=85

Sliced toasted french baguette. 

Chopped fresh sweet basil.

Diced roma tomatoes.

Drizzled with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Parmesan cheese.   

Seasoned with salt and pepper.  

Main Course - Rigatoni with Bison Meatballs

1358484314228.jpeg

Rigatoni. 

Fresh made marinara sauce made with pureed roma tomatoes, olive oil, diced yellow onion, sweet basil & salt.

Pan seared meatballs made with Bison meat, semolina flour, parmesan cheese, sweet basil and salt & pepper.

Topped with fresh basil leaves and graded parmesan cheese.

Dessert - Strawberry Basil Crumb Bars

strawberry-crumb-bars-4.jpg

Fresh strawberries.  Semolina flour.  Roasted chopped pecans.  Old Fashioned Oats.  Brown sugar.  Zest from an Orange.  Lightly covered with powdered sugar.  

Booze - Chianti

iyYynfsjx5sO0PI54H_ZbR-GQr9lSfo-UaDmEY_6

Draft Picks

1. Olive Oil

2. Roma tomatoes

3. Parmesan cheese

4. Bison

5. Sweet basil

6. Yellow onion

7. Rigatoni

8. French baguette 

9. Balsamic vinegar

10. Strawberries

11. Old fashioned oats

12. Brown sugar

UDFA

Pecans

Oranges

Semolina flour

Powdered sugar

Chianti

Once all the meals are presented everyone will vote for their top 3 meals.  You need to put your top 3 in order, each first place vote will receive 3 points, second place 2 points, third place 1 point.  You can't vote for your own dish.  The top 2 remaining dishes will go head to head in a separate thread with a poll available for the general public to vote on.  

2t2yxve2gsh51.png

Appetizer: Buffalo-Style Baked Turkey Wings (Turkey, Sriracha, Cayenne, Margarine)

Main Course: Turkey Pot Pie (Turkey, Carrots, Green Beans, Green Peas, Turkey Gravy, Cayenne, Dijon mustard, Cognac, Creme fraiche, Pie Crust)

Side: Hasselback Potatoes (Russet Potatoes, Magarine, Creme fraiche, Parsley)

Glass of Cognac

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Once all the meals are presented everyone will vote for their top 3 meals.  You need to put your top 3 in order, each first place vote will receive 3 points, second place 2 points, third place 1 point.  You can't vote for your own dish.  The top 2 remaining dishes will go head to head in a separate thread with a poll available for the general public to vote on.  

Can I vote for Counselor's?

Pre-dinner cocktail: Manhattan 

Manhattan.jpg

Dinner:

Grilled Chilean sea bass with Cajun seasoning with pappardelle noodles cooked in a white sauce made from Chardonnay/garlic salt/half and half/lemon juice/pecorino romano/sundried tomatoes.  Paired with Chardonnay.

After dinner drink: bourbon

I probably won’t even pick my own dish, but bourbon, manhattans and wine ain’t a bad meal.  Plus there’s food too.

• Like 1