10 members have voted

1. 1. Who comes away with the win?

• Patriots in a blow out
    • Patriots in a close one
    • Panthers in a close one
    • Panthers in a blow out

1 minute ago, tonyto36 said:

Okay excuse me.

"But Gilmore is pretty low on the list of problems on the D, right?  Because giving up huge chunks of yards and blowing coverages repeatedly every game is a lot less of an issue than our LBs giving up 8 yard gains or DTs not getting interior pressure.  Because if they did better there, that would for sure erase huge completions where they go half the field in one play".

That was said before the Gilmore had his gaffe's, let's simmer down

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

I'm not saying they are going to be this terrible all season....but right now, they are horrible. 

It's easier to teach a guy how to execute better and identify routes than it is to make him learn how to be faster and not get beat. 

Just now, everlong said:

I don't know how they're going to get better since Gilmore just straight up sucks.

He hasn't been very bad 1 v 1....seems his biggest problem is communication, which is coachable. 

Right now it's a huge problem though. 

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

It's easier to teach a guy how to execute better and identify routes than it is to make him learn how to be faster and not get beat. 

I agree, but right now this defense hasn't seemed to be getting better at those teachable things, if anything they've looked worse.

I'm hoping they flip a switch sometime soon. 

3 minutes ago, everlong said:

I don't know how they're going to get better since Gilmore just straight up sucks.

I would assume they're going to make a fairly concerted effort to get the secondary on the same page. As everybody else has said, the talent is there, but the cohesion isn't at the moment. If it's still happening in the second half of the season, fair enough, maybe Gilmore or the rest of the secondary sucks, but for now, I think we need to give it a bit of time and trust in Bill + Matty P. They've been around a while and have earned the benefit of the doubt.

Just now, biggbrd said:

I would assume they're going to make a fairly concerted effort to get the secondary on the same page. As everybody else has said, the talent is there, but the cohesion isn't at the moment. If it's still happening in the second half of the season, fair enough, maybe Gilmore of the rest of the secondary sucks, but for now, I think we need to give it a bit of time and trust in Bill + Matty P. They've been around a while and have earned the benefit of the doubt.

Gilmore clearly doesn't suck and the coaching staff will get these guys playing better.

Frustrating that it's taking so long but these guys have been in and out of the lineup. I think they all need to be healthy, in practice and on gameday to get in sync.

Just now, everlong said:

Then why get rid of the guy that was in sync then???

They didn't "get rid" of Ryan. They decided that if they were going to pay a ton of money for a CB to go out and get a legitimate #1 CB. And while Gilmore has had his issues this year, he's a much better overall talent (notice, I didn't say fit, since that remains to be seen) than Ryan.

Has everyone forgotten how much people used to dump on Logan Ryan? All the "OMG Rutgers reach bust stupid Belichick drafting" posts? He didn't just come in and play great ball from the get go.

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Gillmore is better than Ryan, by pretty much every measurable. Except.....time and experience with Pat defenders and coaching 

Ryan is better in run support. A bit more aggressive and reliable with his tackling.

As a pass defender, Gilmore, when healthy and in sync, is a much more talented CB.

Archived