Derrius Guice arrested & Released by Washington after Domestic Violence Charges

turtle28

Guice was always fool's gold. He had character issues + injuries coming out of college that people wanted to sweep under the rug. Well, this is what you get. I'm not too worried about this. I think Antonio Gibson will get plenty of opportunities now.

• Like 2

Redskins: We take domestic partner violence very seriously, we find these allegations very disturbing, and we cannot have individuals accused of such crimes associated with our organization. 

Reuben Foster: 👀

Redskins: Yes, but in this instance we are very convinced of the veracity of the allegations, and we simply cannot have someone on our roster whom we truly believe inflicted a violent assault on a vulnerable person. 

Adrian Peterson: 👀

Redskins: Yes, but we are now in a different climate and the franchise is entering a new era — both the Ron Rivera era and the WFT era — and we are sending a strong message that we do not and will not tolerate reckless, dangerous, and violent behavior on the part of players on our roster. 

Cody Latimer: 👀

• Like 5

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

Redskins: We take domestic partner violence very seriously, we find these allegations very disturbing, and we cannot have individuals accused of such crimes associated with our organization. 

Redskins: Yes, but in this instance we are very convinced of the veracity of the allegations, and we simply cannot have someone on our roster whom we truly believe inflicted a violent assault on a vulnerable person. 

Redskins: Yes, but we are now in a different climate and the franchise is entering a new era — both the Ron Rivera era and the WFT era — and we are sending a strong message that we do not and will not tolerate reckless, dangerous, and violent behavior on the part of players on our roster. 

Agree with this as well. This organization doesn’t actually have any scruples, but in this case Derrius’ came up at a time when the organization was actively in scandal

6 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Saying the same thing to a buddy of mine. How is Cody Latimer still on the team lol. 

I kinda wonder if Guice was a guy Rivera wanted gone from the get go...

1 minute ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I think this is telling. Many a chance to learn a lesson before it came to this.

But that doesn’t excuse Latimer still being on this team. I’m fine with Guice being gone but my lord the “Ron Rivera ain’t messin around” twitter crew really looks dumb with their statements. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

If he admitted it then yeah he has to go. I didn’t read that anywhere but you can’t have him on the team if that’s the case. His career is basically over. 

Well I read he strangled the woman. Of course that could be in the police report. Either way it's disturbing and I'm disappointed.

Maybe he gets a shot somewhere else in time, others have. He could always go to the CFL or XFL, prove he can stay healthy and out of trouble and return to the NFL in a few years.

Peterson got a second chance as have others.

18 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

The only reason I see then keeping Latimer is his charge isn't Domestic Violence against a woman.

The message is clear You Will Respect Women while Ron Rivera is HC. 

True, I'm still disappointed that Lattimer wasn't cut as well though. He should’ve been IMO.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I mean this, 100. You and @lavar703 are right on that.

3 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

The only reason I see then keeping Latimer is his charge isn't Domestic Violence against a woman.

The message is clear You Will Respect Women while Ron Rivera is HC. 

His friend’s girlfriend was right there, in her home, when Latimer was drunkenly waving his gun around, threatening to kill both of them, firing gunshots, and struggling over the gun with his buddy before pistol-whipping him. It’s not domestic violence, but it’s not exactly “respectful” to that young lady to threaten her life and terrorize her and her boyfriend in their home. 

To me, the meaningful difference between the two is Latimer was fortunate enough to get arrested for his BS before the Redskins found themselves embroiled in multiple PR nightmares/scandals, and Guice didn’t get arrested until months later — when the Redskins are firmly entrenched as the most embattled team in American sports and can’t afford yet another hit to their reputation (especially as it relates to women).

Based on the team’s reaction, I suspect the facts — specifically photos, medical records, and/or independent witness accounts — must be extremely convincing that Guice really did some disturbing stuff. If that turns out to be true, that will take them off the hook for just cutting him loose immediately. But they’ve long applied policies of “forgive and forget” and “we’ll let the process play out” on things like this, including with Latimer just a few months ago, so it’s a little hard to feel this isn’t a bit disingenuous and basically just a PR move to cut Guice instantly upon accusation. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 2

I’ll also say this, I’m not a fan of how much control Ron Rivera has. From him being involved in getting the name changed to him being a part of picking the new one all the way to his daughter running the teams social media accounts. Not having a true GM for some god forsaken reason is just mind boggling to me. There is absolutely zero, I mean completely ZERO reason Ron Rivera should have full control of this franchises decision making.