Official FF BMET - Romance Bracket Round 1 Part 1

Deadpulse

Romance Round 1 Part 1  

25 members have voted

1. 1. 1980s vs 1950s

• The Princess Bride (1)
    • The King and I (8)
  2. 2. 1960s vs 2000s

• Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (7)
    • Breakfast at Tiffany's (2)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/11/2020 at 08:00 PM

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Robin Wright, better known nowadays for House of Cards.  She's not some no name actress.

Robin Wright, I had to look up, and no I do not watch House of Cards so in my world she is absolutely a no name actress.  And honestly we are comparing Robin Wright to Audrey Hepburn?  A wonderful woman who died 27 years ago and people still know her to this day because of the work she did and how magical she was on screen.  Comparing her to Robin Wright as a romantic lead, give me a freaking break!  What a joke and an insult to Audrey Hepburn.  

giphy.gif

Yeah before I actually sat down and watched her movies sure I would maybe think the same, I am a dude I am not supposed to like Breakfast at Tiffany's....  Sat down and watched it and loved it, and loved Audrey in it.  Same with Sabrina, Wait Until Dark, The Nun's Story, My Fair Lady, Roman Holiday etc.  She is the leading lady many try to become, most directors hope they can even capture one tenth of her charisma on screen in the work they are doing now.  Fact is they cannot and to me Robin Wright 50 years from now is absolutely forgettable, Audrey Hepburn will never be forgettable.   Put Robin Wright in any Audrey movie and you think anyone would have even watched it?  Sure Audrey was in some cheesy stuff back in the day at times also but she made the movie watchable, Robin Wright cannot say the same and is not a marquee actress in any way not to mention a romantic lead.  

Had to look it up but Robin Wright was Jenny in Forrest Gump, one of the biggest ******* ever put on screen, oh hooray for her?  Nah.  Oh and she was the beotch wife in Moneyball to Brad Pitt as well, no surprise there either.  

#AudreyHepburn #Audreyrocks #Audreysadorable #RobinWrightsucks #thisentiretournamentisthingistakingforever

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

The only thing memorable about Breakfast at Tiffany's is the song

It is a great song but of course you do not like it!  Too boring and not enough action.  Like I said if there was a dragon, monster or sword fighting in it maybe you would have paid more attention.  

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

is a great song but of course you do not like it!  Too boring and not enough action.  Like I said if there was a dragon, monster or sword fighting in it maybe you would have paid more attenti

dont forget better dialouge!

The WIFOM scene is a classic

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ozzy said:

5vxF.gif

Honestly does anyone even know the name of the actress who played the Princess in that crap as Princess Bride movie?  Without looking it up?  I seriously doubt it, because it is forgettable in every way, that is the draw, that is the romantic interest?  Give me a freaking break, Audrey would kick her behind.  Since when is the main female love interest in a romance not important?  Pathetic, maybe if Breakfast at Tiffany's had sword fighting, chases, monsters, escapes etc, certain males would have paid more attention to it around here.    

Robin Wright. She was also Jenny in Forrest Gump. She was also Mrs. Underwood in House of Cards. she was also in Wonder Woman as one of the main Amazonians. 

Let's stop acting like she's some **** actress who didn't ever do anything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

Robin Wright. She was also Jenny in Forrest Gump. She was also Mrs. Underwood in House of Cards. she was also in Wonder Woman as one of the main Amazonians. 

Let's stop acting like she's some **** actress who didn't ever do anything.

You forgot Unbreakable.  

• Like 1

While she isn't a legend like Audrey Hupburn, Robin Wright has a nice list of movies and TV that she's been a part of:

The Princess Bride
State of Grace
Toys
Forrest Gump
Unbreakable
State of Play
The Conspirator
Moneyball
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
House of Cards
Wonder Woman/Justice League/Zack Snyder's Justice League
Blade Runner 2049

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I'm more curious as to how Eternal Sunshine won the 2000s romance bracket than anything else. I've never considered it a romance. Especially with Love Actually available.

Eternal Sunshine is one of my bottom 10 objectively good movies ever.

Meaning, of all the movies I can grant are good, well-made movies, Eternal Sunshine is in my bottom ten.  I hate it.

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Eternal Sunshine is one of my bottom 10 objectively good movies ever.

Meaning, of all the movies I can grant are good, well-made movies, Eternal Sunshine is in my bottom ten.  I hate it.

I really don't see how it's a romance. Love Actually is literally only about Romance (and Christmas, but they run hand in hand to me as a Jewish person. Growing up, we always went to the movies and ate Chinese or japanese food on Christmas)

55 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I'm more curious as to how Eternal Sunshine won the 2000s romance bracket than anything else. I've never considered it a romance. Especially with Love Actually available.

Love Actually is an awful, awful movie.

• Like 2