TV Hunting: 4K Edition

RavensfanRD

I bought the TCL 55' for like 500 or something. It's 4k...the picture isn't as great as other 4k models, but it's very budget friendly, and it has the best smart tv interface in my opinion (Roku interface) , which more than makes up for it. Also, their remote is ridiculously simple and I love it as well. 

Probably the best quality TV you can get for the money:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-65-class-64-5-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-with-high-dynamic-range/5748207.p?skuId=5748207

$1500 for the 65" and $1000 for the 55"... Granted this sale is not yet active, have to wait to Thursday/Black Friday... or buy now for only $300/$200 more.

You might might see these prices and think other 4k TVs can be had for way cheaper but the quality difference is immense. You're getting a high end TV at a low-mid range price. It's worth it in my opinion.

5 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-65-class-64-5-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-with-high-dynamic-range/5748207.p?skuId=5748207

$1500 for the 65" and $1000 for the 55"... Granted this sale is not yet active, have to wait to Thursday/Black Friday... or buy now for only $300/$200 more.

You might might see these prices and think other 4k TVs can be had for way cheaper but the quality difference is immense. You're getting a high end TV at a low-mid range price. It's worth it in my opinion.

Not even probably... Undoubtedly. Can compete with any non oled on the market (including the insanely overpriced Samsung Qleds)

I'm really torn...I can afford to get one in the best buy black Friday deal but if I do that'll be all I get this year... Or I could just get the TCL P607 and have 400 Left for other stuff...

Really wish they would have had a deal on the 49" Version because it's going in my bedroom which is small anyway and the 49"is already only $999 so the deal likely would have taken it down to $799 and I still would have had some money to work with... But nooooo...?

16 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Not even probably... Undoubtedly. Can compete with any non oled on the market (including the insanely overpriced Samsung Qleds)

I'm really torn...I can afford to get one in the best buy black Friday deal but if I do that'll be all I get this year... Or I could just get the TCL P607 and have 400 Left for other stuff...

Really wish they would have had a deal on the 49" Version because it's going in my bedroom which is small anyway and the 49"is already only $999 so the deal likely would have taken it down to $799 and I still would have had some money to work with... But nooooo...?

Get that P607 and have your $400 left to buy other stuff. I'm grabbing the P605 because I'm told its the same TV as the 607, but the remote is different because you can listen with it in the 607. Why spend an extra $50 for a feature I know I'm not going to use? That Sony TV is amazing, but out of my price range. So I'm budget shopping for now. But from everything I've seen and read, that TCL 605/607 is the best budget 4K TV created.

On 11/9/2017 at 8:52 PM, PatriotsWin! said:

What is the difference between this TV and any other linked in the thread?

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

What is the difference between this TV and any other linked in the thread?

Better black levels than a lot of non-OLED tvs due to full it having full array local dimming, better brightness than the TCLP607 which makes HDR stand out more and offers a better viewing experience in bright rooms, much better screen uniformity (no clouding at the corners and such) and a spectacular gradient (able to show more colors without banding). It's considered to be Sony's "Mid-Range" TV but in all honesty it's picture is right up there with premium models that are hundreds more, you can count the models that beat it on one hand and IMO there is only one that beats it and is actually worth the extra money you'd have to spend and that's the LG C7 (and the B7...they are basically the same TV) but those two are at least $500 more. 

Decided to just pull the trigger on a TCL P605...the Sony X900E would have been awesome but it was on the very high edge of my Budget so I just decided to go with the TCL for now with intent to upgrade to OLED in 2 or 3 years once the prices on those start coming down. 

12 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:
3 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

I am so jealous of you guys getting the TCL. I've had it on my Amazon wish list for a couple months now, but they don't sell it in Canada :( 

Can't order one from a U.S store online and have it shipped to Canada?

You can if you want to pay $150+ in shipping and border costs

On 10/2/2017 at 11:24 AM, TXsteeler said:

Holy crap are 4k smart tv's really that cheap these days? Glad I've been holding out, by the time I move and go to buy a 4k tv it'll be like $120.

I just got a 4k 65" smart TV today for $1260.

Archived