We have hired a team president.

MikeT14

At first I thought he lacked experience in the NFL.  Now I read his bio, and he played in the NFL until 2010 and worked through the 2011 labor lockout.  I don't see what he's done in those nine years that would qualify him to run the business side of an NFL franchise, although I do appreciate having someone in the president's chair who is a former player and will take their side when understanding labor issues.  

Really risky hire for someone with that lack of experience, it makes me wonder how closely he will be monitored. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

At first I thought he lacked experience in the NFL.  Now I read his bio, and he played in the NFL until 2010 and worked through the 2011 labor lockout.  I don't see what he's done in those nine years that would qualify him to run the business side of an NFL franchise, although I do appreciate having someone in the president's chair who is a former player and will take their side when understanding labor issues.  

Really risky hire for someone with that lack of experience, it makes me wonder how closely he will be monitored. 

He’s worked in business for the last decade so, that would quality him to know how to run a business. And of course he’ll be monitored, everyone is monitored either by Snyder himself or his most loyal people in the organization.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, turtle28 said:

He’s worked in business for the last decade so, that would quality him to know how to run a business.

He retired in 2011 to go to business school.  How many years did he spend there?  What has he done in his decade in the non-NFL world to prepare himself for running an NFL team, something very few people have the opportunity to do?  From his bio, it sounds like it's a lot of theory things and consulting, and not a lot of practice, which isn't a bad thing, but a 38 year old team president in the NFL is something we haven't seen before, so it's fair to question his experience and qualifications. 

• Like 1

Also I am not against this- I am still processing and his experience as a player is why I am still deciding.  Even though he hasn't been in an NFL business office, he understands the business from the player perspective and that experience will cut down on his learning curve with some things.  

8 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He retired in 2011 to go to business school.  How many years did he spend there?  What has he done in his decade in the non-NFL world to prepare himself for running an NFL team, something very few people have the opportunity to do?  From his bio, it sounds like it's a lot of theory things and consulting, and not a lot of practice, which isn't a bad thing, but a 38 year old team president in the NFL is something we haven't seen before, so it's fair to question his experience and qualifications. 

Getting your MBA is usually 2 years, so I guess I misspoke, 7 years in business. Listen to his interview, consultants consult and usually they are the experts you bring in to help you get something done you couldn’t do as well in house. He’s helped companies globally the last 5 years plus, he sounds like a breath of fresh air in the interview above.

Look, there’s no guarantee that anything the team tries will ever work out, but they now have someone to go with Rivera, Doug & Kyle in that front office. 

I mean the 49ers took John Lynch out of the broadcast booth, what expertise did he have in running a team? I’d say that’s fine worked well.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Dan Snyder is still the boss and I'm sure will make any meaningful business decisions.  This guy's main job will probably be to be a face of the front office, work with Snyder and try to execute his wishes, and deal with the media (something Bruce always refused to do).  

• Like 1